PDA

View Full Version : 100k passat

glynnd
17-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Have you got a Passat tdi pd 130 with 100k plus mileage?.
If yes, is it still reliable
Answers greatly received
Thanks

:biglaugh:

Gaz the Cab
18-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Have you got a Passat tdi pd 130 with 100k plus mileage?.
If yes, is it still reliable
Answers greatly received
Thanks

Not quite 100k, but have 97k.......suspension and C.V joints are a Beach......but otherwise okay.

lalaland
20-06-2006, 03:50 PM
If you are asking because you are thinking about buying this car with this sort of mileage then I would say make sure it has 100% full service history and better still if it's a VW full service history.

These engines can last a long time if they are looked after well, but if they are neglected then as with most things problems will occur.

glynnd
20-06-2006, 05:47 PM
I have an 03 plate passat tdi 130 which has now covered 98.5k. I have had the car since 83k and have changed the oil 3 times in 15.5k and 8 months. I was just intrigued to see if any body had any complaints with their car around this mileage. I have had to do quite a lot of repairs to mine but nothing concerning the engine.

Eugheugh
20-06-2006, 10:00 PM
I have an 02' reg Passat TDI 130 Sport that now has 160,000 on the clock. Dealer serviced throughout its life and burns no oil whatsoever. All it needs is r/h CV joint that clicks a bit on turning right under power as I let a leaky boot run for too long and all the grease migrated from the joint. Had tailgate rear wash wipe problems that are apparently common but it's just great to drive and own.

lalaland
21-06-2006, 12:51 AM
I have an 02' reg Passat TDI 130 Sport that now has 160,000 on the clock. Dealer serviced throughout its life and burns no oil whatsoever. All it needs is r/h CV joint that clicks a bit on turning right under power as I let a leaky boot run for too long and all the grease migrated from the joint.I would get that seen to sooner than later, I've seen these go and it's not too bad if it's at low speed, but on the motorway it could be lethal.

Had tailgate rear wash wipe problems that are apparently common but it's just great to drive and own.This is very common throughout the entire VW range, the pipe that connects the water to the rear jet becomes loose and sprays water inside your boot door instead of down the window. Very easy to fix, but it can happen again unless you modify it slightly.

Eugheugh
21-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Yeh thanks for the advise.http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/beerchug.gif The CV joint has only a light click when turning right and not got worse in 10,000 miles but I've got it scheduled in to be changed with the next service in 2 weeks time.