PDA

View Full Version : This could mean a new car for me!

e6m6a6
20-08-2007, 06:04 PM
My 98 1.4 polo has a big problem, well it could actualy just be a dodgy sensor or a knackered engine

I have posted a few topics before about this but this time i want to know how

On idle my car is fine and dandy but once reved past 1,800 rpm my oil light flashes with an alarm, oil pressure loss

My mechanic friend is going to do a pressure test tomorrow and see what is what and ill know if it is dead or not

But i just want to know, how can an engine be fine on idle with oil pressure then all of a suddern lose it?

Iv never come across this situation before and just need a little tuition if anyone can clear this up for me? and just to ease my mind what the likly outcome is? will it be a sensor or not, as it has not been driven it has just sat in the same spot and developed this problem.

Its just seems likly to me that it has been sat in all weathers and over time it has killed my sensor? could that be possible?

thankx for reading as i know it is long but can someone help at all?

scotty33
20-08-2007, 08:18 PM
usually there are two sensors, one is low pressure, .2 or.3 of a bar, as long as you car makes more than this at low revs, you get no warning. the other switch is high pressure, (maybe 2 bar?)
If the engine has not reached this pressure by a set revs point (maybe 1800rpm for your car) then you get an alarm.
It could easily be a sensor problem.