PDA

View Full Version : fitting miltek to mk4 golf, what rear bumper to get?

james harold
14-01-2013, 08:50 PM
hi

i am buying a milltek exhaust soon for my mk4 golf GTTDI and im looking for some advice. i have a 20th anniversary body kit already fitted but with no exhaust cut out. i have been told that i need a 4 motion rear valance, is this corret? i have also been told that the 4motions has 2 diffrent bumper styles, if this is correct can you please inform of which bumper to purchase so that my milltek will fit corrrectly. the exhaust that i am getting is a twin exhaust.

Autobulbs
05-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Ideally you need to clarify, the twin exhaust as in two pipes on the same side? If not are you implying one either side in which case you mean R32 bumper will be needed with a cut out either side. The 4 motion has a cut out closer to the centre than the gti as far as I am aware, I think you need to consult miltek as to the exhaust you are getting. I would assume if they said valance they mean the first picture below.

Here is rear valance of the 4 motion as put up by miltek:
http://www.amber-performance.co.uk/shopimages/products/extras/788.jpg

And here is a golf R32 again by miltek:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBXiMkGf-NDguYRPqZG51vl8sy_7AjxepjvSRGRkr8198BQUPh

james harold
10-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the reply. The exhaust I am looking for is theone in the first photo with the 4motion bumper. When I come to fitting it I think it will be better if I contacted milltek like you said. Cheers for your help.

li4m79
13-06-2017, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the reply. The exhaust I am looking for is theone in the first photo with the 4motion bumper. When I come to fitting it I think it will be better if I contacted milltek like you said. Cheers for your help.
Thread redirection! How did this turn out? Did the splitter fit ok etc.. I'm getting a 4mo splitter for my gti.. just trying to find more info about it all

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk