PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Climatic and 2Zone Air Conditioning?

mactrack
12-01-2013, 08:16 PM
OK so now ready to order a new Golf GT 1.4TSI ACT DSG in solid white with black leather interior with the following spec;

17" Singapore alloy wheels.
Bi-Xenon headlights.
Electric/heated/memory seats.
Keyless entry.
High-Beam assist.
Colour Multi-Function display.
Park-Assist system.
Rear-View camera.

5 year warranty & 3 year service packs

The only thing left is whether to upgrade to the 2Zone air conditioning. Seems like it's a popular option judging by other threads on here but does anyone know the full differences between this and the standard system?

Also Drive the Deal are offering approximately 11% off and I used them with a previous A3 and I'm more than happy to use them again but wondered whether anyone had done better?

Guest 2
12-01-2013, 08:28 PM
dual zone is independant temps for passenger and driver side .. climatic i assume is the same for all

mactrack
12-01-2013, 08:35 PM
dual zone is independant temps for passenger and driver side .. climatic i assume is the same for all
Thanks for the quick reply. I dunno why but I just thought there would be more to it than that in order to justify the £400 price tag.

h5djr
12-01-2013, 09:07 PM
It is a little more than just different temperature for each side. With the climatic you set the temperature you want using a digital setting and the system will keep the interior at that temperature automatically. If each side is set to a different setting the air coming out of actual vent will be adjusted according, but in such a small area as the interior of a car the overall temperature will soon even out on both sides but it does mean the driver can have colder air hitting his face and the passenger warmer. The main object of the climatic is the automatic control of the temperature where as the non-climatic will just keep cold, warm or hot air coming out of the vents depending where you have set the dial and you will have to turn in up or down manually as you require. Hence the £400 price tag.

I have the Audi version of the climatic on my current A3 and it works very well. My wife has the Audi non-climatic on her A1 and I much prefer my version. Set and forget. I hardly ever change mine and the car remains at the temperature I want full automatically whether it's hot or cold outside. Well worth the money in my opinion.

mactrack
12-01-2013, 09:22 PM
It is a little more than just different temperature for each side. With the climatic you set the temperature you want using a digital setting and the system will keep the interior at that temperature automatically. If each side is set to a different setting the air coming out of actual vent will be adjusted according, but in such a small area as the interior of a car the overall temperature will soon even out on both sides but it does mean the driver can have colder air hitting his face and the passenger warmer. The main object of the climatic is the automatic control of the temperature where as the non-climatic will just keep cold, warm or hot air coming out of the vents depending where you have set the dial and you will have to turn in up or down manually as you require. Hence the £400 price tag.

I have the Audi version of the climatic on my current A3 and it works very well. My wife has the Audi non-climatic on her A1 and I much prefer my version. Set and forget. I hardly ever change mine and the car remains at the temperature I want full automatically whether it's hot or cold outside. Well worth the money in my opinion.
Many thanks for the detailed reply and I'm glad I asked the question as the last time I had "manual" air conditioning was on a Mercedes C Class and that was over 10 years ago! I thought everything was climate control nowadays i.e. just set the exact temperature and forget it. Anyone else think the relatively high spec of the GT model has possibly been achieved at the expense of what might be considered essential kit?

J400uk
12-01-2013, 09:57 PM
The 'Climatic' name is misleading as its really not climate control at all, just basic manual AC. I'd say the upgrade is worthwhile. A3 gets it as standard in Sport trim, Golf will probably get it with the GTI and GTD models

mactrack
12-01-2013, 10:10 PM
The 'Climatic' name is misleading as its really not climate control at all, just basic manual AC. I'd say the upgrade is worthwhile. A3 gets it as standard in Sport trim, Golf will probably get it with the GTI and GTD models
Indeed and just as misleading as the "Panoramic" glass roof which appears to be no more than a standard sized sunroof!