PDA

View Full Version : "ABOUT" to buy a 3.0ltr BiTD S Line A7

uktivo
11-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Hi All,

Firstly, would just like to say Hi...

I currently drive a BMW 530D (F10) which is a very fine car but lacks in the steering department. Anyway.. time for a change I feel

I've looked and drove a BiTDI A7 S line today.. BOY, was it good... I've secured another car at the dealers with a deposit tonight and I'm off to view and test drive it. Again, a BiTDI A7 S line..

I've been reading forums etc but nothing beats experience.

The car I'm looking at has 20inch wheels with adaptive air suspension. The car I drove today didn't have the air suspension.. So does anyone have this set up and is it OK?
I know suspension feel is very personal.. to help.. My 530 is OK until it hits any type of raised section in the road or pot hole then it feels like the suspension post is about to break through the bonnet. The steering is very disconnected, no feel at all through the wheel.
I don't mind a little hard suspension, My (and Im sure everyone else s) preference would be that the car corners like on rails but sweeps along like its on a carpet.. I know this is almost impossible to achieve.

If there are any known, regular faults, what are they?

basically, any pointers / help would be very welcome..

thanks

uktivo
14-01-2013, 12:45 AM
Wow nearly 100 views and not one comment or even a welcome. Oh well.

Anyway, I went ahead and purchased the A7.. it's got virtually every optionally extra on it.. and boy am I excited to be getting it in a few days time..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

hughjass
14-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Hi and welcome, I'm a newbie with a different model collecting a A6 C5 soon.

Get some pics up matey.

Carl ;-)

jbanfie
26-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Sorry uktivo, I've only just seem your post - the A7 section is usually quiet so I always read the A6 one.

Anyway, I have an BITDi S-Line A7 with air suspension - what do you want to know?

It's basically faultless, but as you have doubtless read, the Autobox takes a little bit of learning to get the best out of, but it is possible.

The air suspension does give you the best of both worlds and usually I just waft along, but when you want the stiff suspension to actually drive, it's good.

The voice control is very good, my dealer didn't go into it in any great detail - this is a car that needs some learning to get the best out of the toys!

When's it coming?

uktivo
26-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Sorry uktivo, I've only just seem your post - the A7 section is usually quiet so I always read the A6 one.

Anyway, I have an BITDi S-Line A7 with air suspension - what do you want to know?

It's basically faultless, but as you have doubtless read, the Autobox takes a little bit of learning to get the best out of, but it is possible.

The air suspension does give you the best of both worlds and usually I just waft along, but when you want the stiff suspension to actually drive, it's good.

The voice control is very good, my dealer didn't go into it in any great detail - this is a car that needs some learning to get the best out of the toys!

When's it coming?

thanks for the reply. I actually picked the car up yesterday. I have to say its fantastic.....im now going through the learning process of all the gadgets. ive added my options list below. Optional extras

Model Description Audi A7 S line 3.0 TDI quattro 313 PS tiptronic 8 speed
1. Equipment and design packages
[PQD] S line exterior package
-[2K7] Reinforced bumpers
-[0NB] S line logo, exterior

[WQR] S line package
-[F46] 19x9J 5-arm dynamic alloys
-[7P1] 4-way lumbar support
-[H3T] 255/40 R19 tyres
-[6NQ] Headlining in black cloth
-[Q1D] Front sports seats
-[6F1] S line badge
-[0NB] S line logo, exterior
-[5TG] Inlays, Matt-brushed aluminium

[WB2] Sport pack
-[3L4] Electric fr seats, driver mem
-[QQ1] Lighting Package
-[4A3] Heated front seats
-[9Q8] Colour DIS
-[UF7] Audi music interface
-[8T1] Cruise control
-[7X2] Parking aid at front and rear
-[QV3] DAB digital radio

[WB7] Technology Package Advanced
-[7T6] MMI® navigation plus
-[8YQ] Radio system for MMI plus
-[KS1] Head-up display
-[UJ1] MMI touch
-[9ZW] Phone prep - High w Bluetooth
-[6E3] Front centre armrest

3. Wheels/tyres
[PQF] 20 x 9J 7-twin sp 2 col alloys
-[HL9] 265/35 R20tyres
-[CE6] Forged aluminium alloy wheels, 9J x 20, 7 twin-spoke design

23. Suspensions/brakes
-[1BK] adaptive air suspension

10. Seats/seating comfort
-[3NJ] Rear seat bench unsplit, backrest split folding

11. Seat upholstery/leather trim
-[N7K] Perf Alcantara/leather S line

12. Trim
-[7TL] Inlays, Fine grain ash brown

14. Steering wheels/gear levers/selectorlevers/controls
-[1XX] 3-sp leather Sp mf sw paddles

19. Radio and TV systems
-[8RY] BOSE surround sound system

22. Assistance systems
[PCN] Audi pack/ pre sense plus
-[7W4] Audi pre sense plus
-[7Y5] Audi side and lane assist
-[QK1] Camera and or distance sensor
-[8T4] Adaptive cruise control

-[KA2] Rear View Camera

4. Lights
-[QQ2] Ambient lighting
[PX2] LED headl / high beam assist
-[8Q4] Headlight range adjustment
-[4L6] Interior mirror with automatic anti-glare action
-[8EX] LED headlights
-[8N7] High-beam assist

7. Locking systems
[PGD] Advanced Key
-[4F2] Advanced key

5. Mirrors
-[6XF] Ext mirr elec/fold/heat/memory

24. Technology/safety
-[GH2] quattro with sports diff

8. Glass
-[4KF] Privacy Glass

Colours
Interior trim colours S line/coloured stitching seat upholstery col. stitching/dashboard/carpet/headlining
-[QZ] black-jet grey/black-black/black/black

Exterior colours (pearl effect)
-[L8L8] Phantom Black, pearl effect

jbanfie
26-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Looks good, when you get confused just ask!

Did your HTC work OK with the RSAP?

uktivo
26-01-2013, 11:53 AM

yes I purchased a Samsung s3 and it works very well. I cant get text to be read out aloud.. not even sure if that is possible to do.. I know my windows phone does it but that doesn't allow remote sim access..

uktivo
27-01-2013, 07:16 PM

Ok would like to take you up on the offer of help. I thought having the technology pack advanced as the above tells me I have, I would have by default the Park assist function. Do you know if this true? I "think" I have everything else, but can't locate the Park assist feature. Any help welcome. Thanks

ASeven
21-02-2013, 04:50 AM
Park assist is a button on the centre consol. Looks like a steering wheel, and is on the row of buttons right in the centre. If it's there, you've got it. It was a £350 extra on my order, even with the Tech Pack High.

A £350 extra that I've never, ever used...

uktivo
09-04-2013, 02:14 PM
well I purchased the car in the end. I've had it for about 2 months now. It's fabulous. I love it..
some pics for you.. not the best as they are from my phone..

S66MJETDI
09-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Love the rear design of these.... which is fortunate as everyone I've seen outside of a dealers has been moving at warp speed....