PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlys Says Hello

grizzlys
11-01-2013, 12:00 AM
Hi just introducing myself after browsing the forum for a while thought I better join up.

Having owned numerous air-cooled Volkswagen's over the years, still have a vw split screen van that is very slowly being put back together but also owned a few Mk1 and Mk2 golfs. We have gone all modern recently and due to a little one's arrival now also have a rather sensible vw touran, not the most dynamic or striking of vehicles but strangely I do like it.

I also help out at with the orgnisation of Stonor Park VW show if any of you go.

Cheers

:o

Guest 2
11-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Welcome to VWAF! ;)

Doctle Odd
11-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Stonor Park? I really want to visit anything or place with that name!

Brycie
11-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find it as useful & enjoyable as I have.

Doc, does stonor (or stoner) mean the same in Ireland as it does in England or Scotland?

Doctle Odd
11-01-2013, 12:11 AM
Yeah man, stoners a stoner everywhere, get down!
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find it as useful & enjoyable as I have.

Doc, does stonor (or stoner) mean the same in Ireland as it does in England or Scotland?

Brycie
11-01-2013, 12:23 AM
I'm sure in Scotland, stoned means drunk, rather than what it means in England (& from your answers, Ireland too). But you've answered my question anyway. :biglaugh: p.s, the smiley's not laughing, he just has a big smile for some unknown reason! :confused:

Doctle Odd
11-01-2013, 12:31 AM
It's kinda universal eg stoned drunk, stoned off his face, i have never indulged in drugs and only have a sweet sherry on special occasions. Were the blokes throwing rocks in biblical times also stoners?

Brycie
11-01-2013, 12:47 AM
You'd think they'd have to be under the influence of something to stone someone. Look how alcohol affects modern day stoners coming out of Yates' s wine bars on Friday evenings, giving some poor b@$tard a kicking - some things never change I guess.

Doctle Odd
11-01-2013, 12:54 AM
I just stagger out of my local "The last resort" and head for Mr Wongs freshly fried frozen fast food

Brycie
11-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Haha, sounds like a good evening to me. Cat kebab & dog ball meatballs soaks up that occasional sherry nicely.