PDA

View Full Version : Locked out of y reg mk4 golf gti

Tumble
08-01-2013, 11:55 PM
As the title suggests, i'm locked out of my golf.

i've read that the mk4 is really easy to get into, and that there's two ways to get in (three if you include smashing the window), but i cant find any actual info on how to do it.

if any of you know could you please pm me. i have a hunch on one method, but don't want to share it publicly for obvious reasons.

this all started when the only key got lost. ive got a replacement from the dealer which is ment to unlock the door, but it dosn't. they've either sent the wrong key, or the barrel has been changed. need to get in to the car to see if the key will work in the ignition before i have to order a new one.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Doctle Odd
09-01-2013, 12:25 AM
Call a locksmith, he will open the car and you can try the key you got cut in the ignition. There are ways to open a car but thieves have enough information without me adding to it!

Tumble
09-01-2013, 10:41 AM
yeah i realize a locksmith could do it, but im just trying to keep the cost down. the key already cost £145! that's why i was asking for a pm, as then it wouldnt be public :)

Doctle Odd
09-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Did you try the key in all the locks? A new key can be "tight" and might need jiggling in the lock. A locksmith or VAG mechanic will still be cheaper than the break a window option, if you mean is there a really easy way to open a car, then no but most VAG indies will have the kit needed to open it probably the AA does too.

zollaf
09-01-2013, 11:04 AM
depends if its deadlocked or not.

Tumble
09-01-2013, 11:29 AM
no sure if its deadlocked... theres only a key hole one the driver door and the boot. ive put it in and jiggle quite a few times on each but the key wont turn. i do have rac, but only used them last month, and i like to do things myself if i can.

zollaf
09-01-2013, 11:44 AM
have you never had the remote for it.

Doctle Odd
09-01-2013, 11:48 AM
I'd talk to whoever cut the key it's unlikely that both the boot and door lock were changed, I have a device opens vag but diesel costs ferry etc makes it unviable to help, there has to be a local guy. Try not to break the window you never get all the glass out and it looks like the car has been shunted

Tumble
09-01-2013, 01:12 PM
did have one remote key, but that got lost :( ive just called the rac, they are on their way now. the key came from vw and should be matched to the chassis no. im hopeing it works in the ignitions and just not the door. watch this space