PDA

View Full Version : q7 juddering 5th gear

allroadkev
08-01-2013, 06:53 PM
My 07 3.0tdi Q7 has started to judder/ jerk through 5th gear only, it's more noticeable the harder the acceleration, can see the rev counter shaking up and down. 6th and others fine, if I roll through 5th slowly it's fine.
No fault codes out of the ordinary, just usual no trailer, tv arial things like that.

what should I be looking at next? Any ideas what could cause this?

allroadkev
19-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Still none the wiser, no fault codes.
5th has always felt a bit rumbly through the pedal, found the rpm jumps around on half throttle and above, anything lower its not that noticeable.

Ive done the intake manifold repair kit( new rods) flushed and changed oil and air filter and put injector cleaner through a tank of diesel, still the same.

I want to sell the car soon so need to fix it.

what should I be checking next? Gearbox is supposedly very reliable, Anything I can run, check through VCDS? Could it be bad mapping (standard) ?

spoiling an otherwise lovely car.

Really in need of help please

baylissboy
19-02-2013, 10:31 PM
I had a similar issue with a Q7 that the owner had used for towing a large caravan.....we replaced the box......sorted!! That might not help you.....the one I had was under warranty so Audi paid!!

allroadkev
20-02-2013, 12:07 AM
If the gearbox is 'non serviceable' then Audi expect it to last the lifetime of the vehicle right? Nothing I can do will affect the lifetime of the gearbox, so nearly 6 years/ 65k for a gearbox on a £50k car( I've had for 3 years) is not good.

Would Audi techs on here go with this diagnosis?

baylissboy
22-02-2013, 11:03 PM
If the gearbox is 'non serviceable' then Audi expect it to last the lifetime of the vehicle right? Nothing I can do will affect the lifetime of the gearbox, so nearly 6 years/ 65k for a gearbox on a £50k car( I've had for 3 years) is not good.

Would Audi techs on here go with this diagnosis?I'm an Audi Master tech, you're right, Audi do expect the box to last the life of the vehicle, in normal cases they do, the odd one will fail prematurely, unfortunatly it looks like yours has. The one I replaced was quite low mileage, 40K if I remember correctly, it was fine in all other gears, just juddered in 5th!

gupsterg
22-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Hi,

Anything I can run, check through VCDS?

There are some MVB's that you can view... Link:- A6 3.0 TDI QUATTRO numbers - Page 4 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?139736-A6-3-0-TDI-QUATTRO-numbers&p=781203#post781203)

Regards
G

allroadkev
23-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks for your replies, Gupsterg I will check these later, Baylissboy I think I'm gonna take this up with audi, if the gearbox has a low fluid level then audi would be to blame? I'd pay labour but the box is £ 3.5k

is the juddering I feel a worn cog then, trying to understand the fault

allroadkev
23-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Where would I stand with Audi on this?

The car went to Audi to have gearbox oil top up after a bodyshop repaired light front end bump 3 years ago. (2 days after I bought the vehicle )
The car has been serviced by indys ever since and is at 70k miles.
Gearbox failure for these very rare.