PDA

View Full Version : Please Help fault code P0234 P, ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

only me
08-01-2013, 05:23 PM
HI Guys, Looking for some advice as to the above fault code P0234 P, have read a few forum posts about this code, some saying turbo viens??? some saying N75 Valve:aargh4:, my car is a 54 altea 2.0tdi with BKD engine, first problem in 3 years of ownership, car drives fine for so long then lacks power, sometimes the power drops away then springs back into life, what i would like to know is how do i pinpoint the actual problem, as like pretty much the whole country i am skint! so i dont want to throw money away. thanks in advance for any help i receive.:1zhelp::1zhelp:

Guest 2
08-01-2013, 05:24 PM
16618/P0234/000564 - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16618/P0234/000564) :D

only me
08-01-2013, 06:43 PM
have looked at the ross-tech link but it doesnt tell me anything i dont already know with my initial google search, buy thanks anyway, does anyone know anyone in the edinburgh area who does this stuff? cheers

Doctle Odd
08-01-2013, 07:15 PM
You can do the usual free stuff first, check all hoses and pipes for splits or cracks. Check the air and fuel filter. Check all hoses on the induction and turbo/intercooler. Clean the turbo vanes you can use Mr Muscle and make sure the actuator is free. What did you use to scan for faults?

only me
08-01-2013, 09:13 PM
i borrowed a reader from a guy at work, think it was called memoscan can obd11, he only paid 12 quid for it, but i hooked it up and it gave me that fault code, i have cleared the fault code and took the car for a run all seemed fine, pulling like a train, but i will monitor it over the next couple of weeks, i checked the hoses yesterday but was unable to find anything obvious, the only suspect hose was the one going into the intercooler on the nearside, it was not off but it does seem to have alot of movement and oil around it. like i say i will see how it goes but i am open to any other suggestions, i will google how to clean turbo vanes for reference, thanks again for the speedy response guys, cheers

cookie1980
08-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Hi mate just a quick note ive checked out your code on a programe i have, it metions to check all hose connections to the turbo,
and the most probable cause is the wastegate valve , hope this may help to your post.

boustie
28-01-2013, 09:41 PM
overboost fault usually means veins in turbo sticking, if it goes into limp mode under accelerating and ign off and on and its ok again then def turbo
try a Revive treatment had lots of success with this