PDA

View Full Version : purchasing vcds

nigel63
07-01-2013, 01:26 PM
I am seriously thinking about buying vcds and a cheap laptop to run it,i have been on the ross tech website and read up on this for hours and think it is a well worth purchase,is it easy to use if you are pc confident and a good investment for the future.we run 2 audi,s one being a 99 a4 avant 1.9 tdi and i have a 2003 a6 19 tdi?

gupsterg
07-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I got mine about 15 months ago... well worth the £££.... I'm also a double VAG owner :) ...

Lots of info and people with it that can help you use it...

IIRC lifetime free software updates, email support....

bearthebruce
07-01-2013, 02:08 PM
IIRC lifetime free software updates, email support.... Close, but not quite. We guarantee updates to be free for one year from date of purchase. In our 12+ year history, we have never charged for updates nor do we have any plans to start charging. However, we do reserve the right to change the policy should economic conditions warrant such a change.

As to email support - you are absolutely correct. Registered users will get email support not only on the product but on what they are using the product to do on their car for free. Live telephone support is fee based.

As to ease of use, the biggest problem for users is learning the VAG language and standards. The tool is not so much the issue as is understanding the VAG nomenclature. With patience and help on forums such as this, many have been successful maintaining, repairing, and/or modifying their rides.

Doctle Odd
07-01-2013, 02:18 PM
http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCHUB.html are doing a good deal on VCDS with a few extras

gupsterg
07-01-2013, 02:49 PM
As to email support - you are absolutely correct. Registered users will get email support not only on the product but on what they are using the product to do on their car for free.

I've had first hand experience of that nigel63 :)... very swift and great support via email ;) ...

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCHUB.html are doing a good deal on VCDS with a few extras

x2, I bought mine from there... very good pre sales support on queries I had :) ...

I've seen posts where people say "VCDS cost £(x)"... I've got to say an essential tool and worth every penny...

I've done retro fits of MMI kit to mine... diags scans so many times I think I would have spent a mini fortunate by now :Blush2:...
Home servicing like the electronic parking brake wind back, service reminder resets...
So what are waiting for go get one! :beerchug:...

nigel63
07-01-2013, 07:29 PM
I have ordered my vcds this afternoon from GENDAN and it should be here tomorrow,i was lucky enough to stumble across an Acer notebook that more than meets the requirements to run vcds for a paltry price of £65.So this afternoon when i got home from collecting my notebook the wife tells me she will pay for both my purchases as an early birthday present.im one happy chappy today.