PDA

View Full Version : Xenon lamp failure, private reg and general chat about my Avant...

Phil K
05-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Well not even a week into ownership of the new steed and its dropped a headlight lamp. My wife sounded calm when she called to let me know and I dint want to give anything away but had my suspicion it wouldn't be a cheep fix...

I was right! A quick search on here suggests Audi want circa £120 to swap the lamp out and the owners manual says Xenon lamps can not be changed by the owner. :mad:

Ive been on the Hellfrauds website and they do a D2S lamp for £89.99 and fitting for £9.99 so whilst its still quite a bit it will be cheeper than my main dealer.

Has anyone got any experience of changing the lamps themselves? I don't want to watch a spotty oik do the work for a tenner if its easy and I can do it myself!

Guest 2
05-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Get it from Audi and you'll get a 2 years guarantee on the bulb so if it ever blows again take it back and get another.

The price difference from Halfords compared to Audi is small considering the added bonus of the guarantee.

Phil K
05-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks Chris, I see your point but Halfords provide 3 years so even more peace of mind lol!

Just heard back from SWMBO to say its now working again... sounds like the early stages of lamp failure to me i.e. it will re-strike but will only remain lit for a shorter while. I'll have to see if its still on when she gets back. Only other thought is there's a possible wiring fault and I hope it's not that as it could be tricky to diagnose! :confused:

Zenerdiode
06-01-2013, 02:32 AM
Linky (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?133322-Changing-Xenon-Bulbs&p=722305#post722305). :)

Phil K
06-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Thanks Zenerdiode! I will keep that in mind!

They made it home last night with out the lamp failing again so now I'm not sure what to do about it... The lamp might be on its way out or it could be the ballast or it could be a wiring fault. I don't really want to fork out for a new lamp to find that's not the problem. I guess we'll leave it alone for a bit and see what happens...

Has anyone had to replace a ballast or are they generally ok and don't fail?

I know I had to replace a ballast on a set of after market H7 HID lamps on my Leon some years ago so it does make me wonder??? (yes I know all the legal arguments so please don't start lol)

Dieseldoos
06-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Still probably the bulb.

There are instructions here with pictures for getting at the bulbs. S5 headlight removal pics - AudiWorld Forums (http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2720065)

(I know thats for an S5 but the headlight is basically the same)

gupsterg
06-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Here are some links which you can cross ref with above thread...

Exploded view of bi-xenon gas discharge headlight with cornering light (http://elsaweb.spaghetticoder.org/doc/A.en-GB.A00.5A40.14/34403183/3)

Removing and installing left/right gas discharge bulb control unit J343/J344 (http://elsaweb.spaghetticoder.org/doc/A.en-GB.A00.5A40.14/34403191/3)

Removing and installing headlights (http://elsaweb.spaghetticoder.org/doc/A.en-GB.A02.5303.59/30396091/3)

ATB
G

Phil K
06-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Cheers guys, this forum is so helpful and a real credit to our community! :cool:

Phil K
10-01-2013, 01:20 AM
Well the saga continues... Lamp is now failing after 2 or 3 minutes use so has to be done. Wife went to Hellfrauds who struggled to rip the headlight out and had to use a lot of force. They then realised they don't have the right lamp, the website lists a d2s lamp as being the replacement and we need a d3s which they don't stock, they then had to use brute force getting the headlight back in and sent my wife on her way no better off!!!

She came home upset at the way the guy had miss treated the headlight and wanted me to check it upon which I discovered that they haven't put it back correctly and it sits proud of the bumper and is now well out of alignment! (The lamp has decided to work again now though so all the mullering has at least achieved something!)

They have also left deep scores in the headlight housing on the top left hand side and the paint on the bumper in the outside edge of the grill is now damaged!

FFS I could scream!

Called them to complain and they have offered to rectify the paint issues but obviously can't do anything about the lamp as they don't sell them...

I have also been speaking to Audi today and was initially told by Guildford and again by Camberly that the lamp couldn't be replaced and a replacement unit at the cost of £245 would be required! I persisted though and eventually got Audi UK to confirm it can be changed at the cost of £140. It does beg the question though - how many owners have been ripped off as a result of wrong information from the manufacturer?

I will be calling Audi first thing to get us booked in to have the lamp changed and headlight re-fitted quickly. I will then be chasing Halfords to get the damage repaired.

What a f'king joke! All this over a failed lamp... If I knew how much hassle a simple thing like changing a 'light bulb' would be then I wouldn't have bothered getting an S Line! And I will definitely think twice before ordering another Audi!

Both Audi and Halfords have so far proven to be completely incompetent and don't know what they are talking about! I am gutted... Our 'new car' experience is well and truly ruined!

Y90USF
10-01-2013, 02:09 AM
Im sure the bulb comes out quite easily, last time i did one there was a catch to slide and the bulb came straight out...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Phil K
10-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Well its been a day of complaints from me and I feel worn out now!

Firstly my letter to Audi:

Dear Audi Customer Services,

I am writing to you to express my sincere disappointment in your brand, your staff and our new (to us) Audi A4 Avant.

We bought our new car on New Year's Eve, trading in our much loved B7 A4 with an independent used car dealer. Our new model is registered as LT09 GGV. We have also previously owned an Audi A2 before our B7 and so have been loyal customers of yours for at least 6 years. We were attracted to our new B8 model as it has full Audi service history and over the years I have come to trust the brand.

With in 2 days of ownership we have had a warning on the DIS to say that the drivers side dipped beam has failed. I checked my owners manual to find that this is a dealer only 'fix' due to the Xenon lamp but after detailed research I have found information on line to the contrary and the Halfords website also lists a replacement lamp for £89.99 plus fitting for £9.99.

I was reluctant to do any of this skilled work myself or use Halfords, so I called your Guildford branch on Wednesday morning (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/x-apple-data-detectors://3/) only to be told that I can not have the lamp replaced and I have to pay for an entire headlight assembly! I thought that this can't be right and decided to double check with Camberly Audi. They confirmed this with the same information and I was told it would cost £245 to fix my broken 'light bulb'!

This unfortunately forced my hand and I was left looking at the £100 Halfords option as my best 'value for money' solution. Now I know this isn't necessarily your issue but please bear with me, my wife went into Guildford Halfords who confirmed they had a replacement lamp in stock and without further a do proceeded to remove our off side headlight assembly. Unfortunately this was not a simple process for their male member of staff and my wife was very upset at the brute force he displayed removing the unit. Once it was dragged out of our vehicle they realised that they do not sell the correct lamp and their database and website provides incorrect information. They list a D2S lamp for our model and I now understand we need a D3S.

Similar levels of heavy handedness were applied by the Halfords staff to re-install the head light to our new car and my wife was sent on her way, upset and with out a road worthy vehicle. My wife has since explained that a female manager was present during this 'professional' service and she heard her ask the male member of staff to be more gentle several times. The female manager even disclosed to me when I called to complain that he had trapped and hurt her hand while he was using considerable force to jam the head light back in to the aperture!!! This is exactly why I didn't want to use them in the first place.

Once my wife returned home she asked that I inspect the car. Halfords have not re-installed our head light correctly, the paint is damaged on the bumper and wing and there are scores in the body of the headlight!

While my wife was dealing with the fiasco at Halfords I contacted your customer services at Audi UK and the gentleman I initially spoke to also tried to explain to me how the entire headlight assembly had to be changed. He told me that due to the complex electronics of the dimming system used for the DRLs which make the indicators clearer during the day it was a very involved component part and for that reason it could not be serviced.

After I explained to him that I work for a market leading lighting manufacture, gave him a detailed explanation of how a HID lamp and ballast work, further explained how the head light can be removed and the lamp replaced he offered to double check with your technical department.

The information he came back with confirmed that the lamp can be changed and he apologised that I had been given the wrong information not only by himself but by two of your main dealers. He has said this would be logged and the dealers in question will be informed that they have been giving your customers the wrong information. The price to change the lamp at a main dealer is now a slightly more respectable £140. Unfortunately I am not certain of this gentleman's name but he was very helpful.

I wonder how many other 'loyal customers' have fallen foul of this wrong information and have payed well over the odds for what should be a simple and certainly cheeper fix???

If I had been given the right information yesterday morning by Colbornes of Guildford or even of Camberly I would never have ended up at Halfords, with damage sustained to my vehicle and my new car might even be road worthy by now!

As a separate note. We have also been experiencing intermittent issues with the key slot on our car not releasing the key and refusing to start. When I asked about this on Monday at Colbornes I was told by Ben in the service department they would want £140 just to have a look at it! I politely declined but have since managed to get this booked in under our warranty from the supplying trader. Further research on www.vwaudiforums.co.uk (http://www.vwaudiforums.co.uk/) also indicates a great deal of other owners with the same problem and I have found copies of your internal bulletins regarding this, although officially you do not seem willing to recognise this design fault.

All in all, the pleasure and satisfaction I hope to enjoy from purchasing a 3 year old, 'premium brand' family car has been well and truly ruined by both Audi and Halfords complete incompetence, wrong information and a failure to provide an acceptable level of customer service.

I would be very grateful if you would contact me ASAP with a view to restoring my confidence in the Audi brand and assist me in resolving these unacceptable issues as a matter of urgency.

I will forward a copy of this communication to Halfords customer services as I believe they also have a key role to play in this matter. Further more I will be asking them for their assurances that any damage sustained to our vehicle will be rectified and explain why they are willing to take on work that they clearly are not qualified to complete nor stock the items for.

I look forward to your speedy response and assistance with these matters. Please contact me by return or via the details below.

Kind regards

and my letter to Halfords:

Dear Halfords Customer Services,

I feel I must write to you to formalise my complaint regarding the service received from your Guildford branch last night on Wednesday the 9th of January.

Our new (to us) Audi A4 has developed a failed head light dipped beam Xenon lamp and having checked out Audi’s prices (which didn’t go well either) we felt that based on your website information and advice given in store that you would provide the most cost effective solution for us. Through further investigation it also turns out that Audi have given me wrongful pricing and guidance but with the knowledge I have now I would have much preferred to let the professionals carry out the repair. Please find attached a copy of the email to Audi detailing the problems I have faced with them (and yourselves) regarding this matter.

Unfortunately both your website and the information you keep in store is incorrect and you state that our vehicle requires a D2S Xenon high intensity discharge lamp. We now know that it actually needs to be fitted with a D3S lamp which you do not supply.

My wife drove to your Guildford branch on her way home from work last night as she felt uncomfortable driving the vehicle with a failed headlight and needed to travel some 60 miles last night on personal business.

She spoke to and was assisted by 2 members of your staff – a gentleman who’s name I don’t know and Shirley your lady manager. I understand they checked for the correct lamp (as suggested on your database) and went out to the car park and started removal of our headlight unit. During this process my wife called me, concerned about the level of force your male member of staff was using to remove our headlight unit. I understand that he was excessively heavy handed and during the process discovered that there was still a bolt that needed to be undone before removal could be completed.

Once the unit was out, it was discovered that the lamp type for our dipped beam was incorrect, your manager was apologetic and actually said that she had experienced the same issue the day before with another Audi A4. Unfortunately she hadn’t mentioned this before any work was carried out as she was uncertain about the originality of that vehicles headlight.

Your male member of staff then proceeded to man handle the unit back into the headlight aperture and again my wife felt a considerable level of concern about the methods used and the way he was treating our vehicle. While this was going on my wife clearly heard Shirley ask the gentleman to be more gentle with the car which certainly suggests to me that he was using excessive force.

I don’t believe for a second that Audi would design or manufacture a car that would require any level of ‘forcing, shoving, pushing, shaking or jamming’ to remove and re-install a headlight assembly or any other maintainable part. With this in mind I can only assume your member of staff was untrained and not qualified to be providing such a service. If he has indeed been trained to do this type of work on customers vehicles then your standards seriously need to be looked at.

As soon as my wife got home she asked me to check the car for damage and I was dismayed to find scuffed and chipped paintwork around the headlight aperture and clearly visible scratches to the top of the head light assembly. Paint work damage has been sustained to both the wing and the bumper. I also immediately noticed that the headlight has not been put back properly, sits proud of the recess and is also now well out of alignment.

Due to the nature of HID technology our lamp failure is intermittent and the lamp will work for a short while after it has gone through the strike up procedure managed by the ballast. This means that so long as our headlight is in this position we will be blinding all on coming road users and could cause a serious or fatal road accident if we continue to use our car at night.

I called your store immediately and Shirley explained that you do not sell the correct lamp, have misleading information on your website and store database and apologised for the inconvenience. After learning of the damage she has agreed to use your paint correction department to rectify the damage once I have managed to have the lamp replaced by Audi. She also said that your male member of staff had trapped and hurt her hand while forcing the unit back into our car (again hinting at the level of force used). Shirley was courteous to me during the whole conversation and my wife also commented on how helpful she had been during the ‘experience’.

Having slept on it I have to say that this does not feel like an adequate solution having been given wrongful information and the harrowing experience suffered by my wife at your store. We have owned this car for less than two weeks and the ‘new car’ experience has been seriously tainted for us through no fault of our own.

So far the pleasure and satisfaction I had hoped to enjoy from purchasing a 3 year old, 'premium brand' family car has been well and truly ruined by both Halfords and Audi’s complete incompetence, wrongful information and a failure to provide an acceptable level of customer service.

Who would have thought that changing a ‘headlight bulb’ could be such a palaver!?!

I would be very grateful if you would contact me ASAP with a view to restoring my confidence in Halfords and assist me in resolving these unacceptable issues as a matter of upmost urgency. I look forward to your speedy response and assistance with this matter. Please contact me by return or via the details below.

Kind regards,

No reply from either party so far but it wasnt until after lunch before I could send them. I will give each pf them 24hrs to come back to me before taking it further up their chains of command!

What an absolute joke! :zx11:

Guest 2
10-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Audi CS will reply within 24hrs but still a good letter.

BTW .. were www.vwaudiforum.co.uk" ! not forums! ;)

Phil K
10-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Lol, oh wel, thanks Chrisl. Audi CS kindly explained yesterday that they don't bother with on line forums anyway! FFS - they bloody well should as they'd probably learn something about their products!

Guest 2
10-01-2013, 07:13 PM
They do, well Audi themselves do thats why we need to be careful in posting copyrighted images etc ;)

Keep us updated.

Dieseldoos
10-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Heres the instructions for actually getting the bulb out the light;

ElsaWeb - Renewing gas discharge bulb L13/L14 (http://elsaweb.spaghetticoder.org/doc/A.en-GB.A00.5A40.14/34403186/3)

Another thread here;

Xenon Bulb Changing (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?121015-Xenon-Bulb-Changing)

And bulbs here;

Genuine Philips D3S XenEcoStart Xenon Bulb 4300K Audi A4 B8 8K A5 S5 Q5 Q7 | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Philips-D3S-XenEcoStart-Xenon-Bulb-4300K-OEM-Audi-A4-B8-8K-A5-S5-Q5-Q7-/220995310965)

Hope that helps!

;)

(Oh, and I had a similar type complaint with Halfords a few years back. I got a reply and a £20 voucher! Made me laugh, but I did leave it there!)

Phil K
10-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Thanks DD, will have a good read through those when I get home.

Ultimately I'm looking for Audi to sort the lamp FOC to remedy the situation and Halfords to take it on the chin and re-spray the damaged corner of the car (to my satisfaction and at a body shop of my choice).

In my opinion both companies have caused considerable upset and damage to my vehicle and I'm the innocent party (victim)! Fingers crossed it goes in my favour - I must be due some good luck by now!?!

Y90USF
11-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Hey Phil K open the bonnet and hsve a look at the top of the headlight lens it should state on the headlight what bulb type it takes, i dont know why halfords had to take your headlight out to check, thought that would be the easiest and quickest way to check

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

MFGF
11-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks DD, will have a good read through those when I get home.

Ultimately I'm looking for Audi to sort the lamp FOC to remedy the situation and Halfords to take it on the chin and re-spray the damaged corner of the car (to my satisfaction and at a body shop of my choice).

In my opinion both companies have caused considerable upset and damage to my vehicle and I'm the innocent party (victim)! Fingers crossed it goes in my favour - I must be due some good luck by now!?!

If memory serves, Halfords offer their own "smart repair" service for small bodywork damage. I would assume they will insist on using this service to carry out the repairs to your paintwork.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ACArticleDisplay?storeId=10001&articleId=600019&categoryId=245348

MF.

Phil K
15-01-2013, 05:06 PM
No word from Hellfrauds yet so I will be making further contact shortly.

I hadnt heard from Audi after 24hrs either but being a headlight failure and my car not being roadworthy I decided to call and get it resolved. Audi UK were helpful (after trying to tell me yet again that I have to replace the whole headlight!!!), they booked me into Guildford and said I would need to speak to them about discount.

Dropped the car in this morning and was just called to talk about cost. The initial figure quoted to replace 1no Xenon lamp was £298.70!!!

After pointing out I had been offered a complete headlight for £50 less and Audi UK had given me a figure of £140 for the replacement of the lamp the service tech came back with a good will gesture and heavily discounted figure of £125.95. I've agreed to proceed at this price but have to say I am still left feeling sore as at no point has my complaint been addressed and they were still trying to get a very large sum out of me for a headlight bulb!

Its a good job you dont need headlights for daylight robbery!

Right, time to chase up Halfords. Does anyone think there is any mileage carrying on with my complaint to Audi UK or should I know better and stop now?

Phil K
15-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Car paid for, home and only to discover the headlight still hasn't been re-installed properly and I now have a scuff on the rear bumper...

run out of emotions for this now

Guest 2
15-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Get straight back and complain to the MD or Service Manager. Being a pushover will get you nowhere as I well found out this time last year with my A3.

Every new purchase has a few teething problems, I had bad discs and pads on the rear of the A3 2 weeks after buying it so you're not alone.

Phil K
15-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Thanks Chris. We just seem to have had a complete run of bad luck so far... Only minor stuff singularly but all together makes me wish I'd bought something destined for the scrap heap!

- sticky key slot (might be user error but needs checking)
- front 12v power outlet failed (probably just a fuse)
- parking dint in rear door
- failed headlight
- damage by halfords (front bumper)
- damage by audi (rear bumper)
- headlight misaligned (by halfords and audi)
- puncture in front drivers side wheel
- fuel flap locking mechanism not working

Dieseldoos
15-01-2013, 09:52 PM
I have decided, as and when my Xenons go, I am changing them myself!

MFGF
16-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Car paid for, home and only to discover the headlight still hasn't been re-installed properly and I now have a scuff on the rear bumper...

run out of emotions for this now

Oh no!! That's awful service! I would go back to your dealer and make them aware of your issues as soon as you can. Sorry this is turning into such a saga for you! You seem to have inherited Chris's bad luck with these kinds of things!

Good luck!!

MF.

Guest 2
16-01-2013, 04:39 PM
You seem to have inherited Chris's bad luck with these kinds of things!

Good luck!!

MF.

I agree least someone else has it now! But thankfully thats all stopped now (touch wood) after my little bump with a Seat Leon in August!

Guest 2
26-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Any updates Phil?

Phil K
26-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Good point Chris!

yes, car came back from Audi on Thursday night. Our headlight is now seated in the correct position and aligned perfectly. They put a free battery in our key fob (explained that it will just be flat again in a week), changed the fuse for the front 12v socket and carried out the trader warranty work - key slot and fuel flap lock actuator both replaced with new parts.

I all fairness they did a sterling job of bending over backwards to get everything rectified and the assistant service manager made an effort to come over and introduce himself to my wife when she dropped the car in on Tuesday.

I'm still disapointed that Audi UK haven't written or called regarding my 2 emails but at least Colbournes have managed to restore my faith in the brand at dealer level. I had to pay for the lamp (which is fair enough) but I will send one last email to AUK to see if I can recover the cost.
Surely I deserve a reply after uncovering missleading information given out by AUK and dealer level which must have cost many owners far more than they needed to pay!?!

Halfords have also called and are sending a £50 voucher and organising their mobile paint correction service to sort the damage to the bumper. I'm happy enough with this to be fair as its a small area and you wouldn't find it unless you were looking.

all in all I'm a fairly happy customer again :)

just need to face the issue with the trader over the fact they didn't put my personalised plate on retention and my old car now has a new registered keeper!!!!!

The bad lucks got to stop after this one right????

Guest 2
27-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Glad about the outcome, keep bugging AUK and they will eventually give in. Just state this isn't the image that Audi gave out and because of this you are considering to sell and buy a BMW. Worked for me so it did :D

Are you sure it has a new owner, not just the notification that its now in the dealers possession?

My Megane was traded in, and I got the same notification through the post that it was now audi's problem and the cherished transfer still went ahead.

Keep us updated on that too.

Phil K
27-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Will do mate, I called DVLA last Monday who confirmed they hadn't received an application for retention and that I was no longer the registered owner. I then called the trader who didn't know what the hold up was but promised to check and come back to me. He did so and said they were getting it sent... and then in Fridays post we got the official slip from DVLA to confirm we are no longer the registered keeper!

being a cherished plate and personal to me I'm obviously very worried about losing it and I won't be happy until I know this is sorted. Worst case I will have to persue them for the value of plate but would far rather have it back and with out the stress!

Guest 2
29-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Any further news Phil?

Phil K
29-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Not really mate... Trader hasn't been in touch since I called a week ago and so I called DVLA again today. They still don't have an application for retention but I was able to confirm the same registered owner has had the vehicle since we traded it in.

I hope this means the trader still has it and there shouldn't be any real issue in getting this sorted out!?!

Anyway, I chased the trader again and spoke to the chap who sold us the car. Unfortunately it seems only Tony who does the administration can chase this up and he was too busy to contact me this afternoon. My patients is running thin... Might look into legal advice.

Phil K
31-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Well another week has passed and I have been told today the original application must have been lost in the post and can't be found. They still have the car in storage at the auction house so still own it and will fill in a new form and send it off.

I have been promised a call back every time I have called them and only once have I been called back.

They tell me they need to sort this quickly as it will ultimately cost them money to sit on our old car for too long (they've had it a month already) not to mention the inconvenience to me.

Dont know what to do now. I guess I just have to chill and play along for another week.... or is it time to start sending legal letters?

Guest 2
31-01-2013, 07:33 PM
I would start threatening legal action and see what that does.

I know what its like to be messed about and I wouldn't wish it on anyone and persistence is the only thing that will get you anywhere.

While my A3 was in after 1.5 months I rang everyday without fail, I turned up one day and lost the plot on front of customers with the Service Manager(!) who was dealing with my case and his faced turned as red as a beetroot and didn't know where to look.

I pestered and pestered until they finally gave in and authorised new discs and pads all round free of charge.

Said Service Manager since resigned!

Keep fighting and don't give in.

I now get free gifts anytime either of the cars go in and a sizeable chunk off any bill.

Guest 2
13-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Any updates Phil?

Phil K
14-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Hi Chris, no real progress to report i.e. they still have my plate and supposedly my old car! The latest is that DVLA have lost the paperwork which includes my retention application, the V5 and 2 other cars V5s!

Imperial tell me that they are waiting for replacement documents for our old car and the 2 others and as soon as they have them they will sort out the transfer - they promise they can't sell it until this has been done.

It seems this is as much of a PITA for them as it is me as they currently have 3 cars they can't shift and that are costing them for storage!

I've been promise an update by the end of the week but I have to say I have heard this promise many times now and not once have they followed it up... I have had to chase them every time! At the end of the day I'm sure I'm a low priority now they have my money and they're just focused on shifting more cars.

Trouble is I'm not too sure what to do. If the story is true then threatening legal action seems pointless as they are in the hands of DVLA and its just down to unfortunate circumstances! On the other hand this could be a load of bull and maybe I should start throwing my weight around...

Will post back when/if I get further information...

Guest 2
15-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the update Phil .. Seems a real PITA really and being in a similar situation I feel your frustration.

Is your old A4 (on its original reg and private reg) still showing here https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/enquiry?execution=e1s1 as taxed?

fat controller
15-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Just a thought Phil - as the registration documents are awaiting changeover by the DVLA, could that meant that technically you are still the registered keeper? Maybe a phone call to the DVLA from you might just wake them up a bit?

I had a shed load of trouble with DVLA when I sent my licence in for change of address and photocard renewal the last time - they took months and then sent me a letter telling me that they had removed my PCV entitilement! One phone call drew a swift apology, a letter telling me to disregard the notice informing me of the removal of PCV, and then within days I got my licence back all present and correct.

Might be worth a shot?

Phil K
22-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Sorry for the slow reply. I have had correspondence from DVLA to say the vehicle is no longer in our name so they have received the slip we sent them...

Unfortunately though the problem is with the main V5 and our application for the plate retention. DVLA never received it and it is only today that Imperial have called to let me know that it has basically been with the Royal Mail the whole time for under paid postage! 20p short or something!

I haven't been able to speak to the chap I'm dealing with at imperial but from what I understood from his colleague they have got the missing V5s back now and can obviously now look at getting this sorted. Fingers crossed I'll get hold of our chap tomorrow and get the whole story. Will report back once I know more!

feels like patients is beginning to pay off now at least :)

Guest 2
22-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Hope you can make it 2 good endings this week Phil after FC's clutch :)

Hopefully it's a simple task to sort out now!

Fingers crossed!

Phil K
03-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Well I had a call from Imperial a week ago and managed to catch up with them again mid week. They have got the missing paper work back and have taken it in person to DVLA to get it all sorted out. I would therefore hope that this is now moving along but no paperwork has arrived here yet... It's been over 2 months since we trader our car in now and I really would have thought this should have been a much simpler process.

will be calling them again on Monday and might ring DVLA again to see if there are now transferring the plate. I want to be able to trust Imperial but I just have this gut feeling I can't shake!

anyway, what's a forum thread with out pictures!?! Here's a few I took this morning after a quick wash... will hopefully have spacers for the wheels soon (3-4 weeks max) - a couple of these pics really show how badly it sits with ET45 but I'm happy enough with it for now :)

Edit; Chris, are you able to update the title of this thread for me as it seems to have evolved somewhat from the original topic?
I was thinking along the lines of 'Xenon lamp failure, private reg and general chat about my Avant...'

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/b3bc270cbf1f07458586aae9925b095b.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/2eb40751f026a213ab1e54666e7c5690.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/ccd658af4c70d698bb6800a496b5e9f8.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/11483259f19a4f492bc64c486c3b8104.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/0c2d1f8d7a6e5cf58e0269490ecb8a05.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/1ae747211522cd1d2562f39c123cf39b.jpg

fat controller
03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
She is looking lovely mate :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your gut feeling is proved wrong.

Guest 2
03-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Hopefully they come up trumps -fingers and toes crossed!

Pictures are really good, but one thing I can't stop noticing is that your rear wiper blade is very long, but thats just being picky.

And yes, title can be changed.

Good luck!

fat controller
03-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Blimey! You are observant - I never spotted that.

Phil K
03-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Lol thanks guys... the wiper blade is the correct Bosch item but the arm can be knocked off the glass when you lift it for cleaning. When it wipes it stays on the glass - if you see what I mean?

bloody irritating I didn't notice that before I took the pic!

fat controller
03-03-2013, 07:43 PM
It doesn't detract Phil - she is still a damn fine looking motor! :approve:

Phil K
06-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Look what arrived today! :)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/7E7E3638-8787-4AFF-AEE7-F3922540835E-386-0000001AF1C432C2.jpg

fat controller
06-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Yay!!! I am glad you have finally got it all sorted out mate :)

And in reality, the messing around has almost certainly been due to the DVLA and not Imperial (going on my past experiences with DVLA);

Phil K
06-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Well imperial have done everything they said they had done so I can't fault them there. To be fair DVLA have also worked quickly on this and have got the retention document out to me in just over 5 working days...

The delay, hold up, whatever you want to call it was due to Imperial under paying the postage by 20p. The main thing is they were honest about their mistake and managed to resolve the situation eventually. For the first time in my life I've also managed to remain calm about things, not let it stress me out and that's been a lesson well learnt too! Sometimes we just have to hand it over and not get wound up over things we can't change or control - its certainly paid off this time and I'll have my plates back on the car soon!

Right, time to give Imperial a call to let the know the good news and see if I can bend their arm for a free set of plates ;)

edit: spoke to Tony and started with praise before I reminded him of his offer to get the plates made up. He started saying I'd need to take the document over before they could get them made (I think as a get out) so I suggested scanning it and emailing it over which he agreed to. So that's a job for later this evening and hopefully we can pick the plates up at the weekend or early next week :)

Guest 2
06-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Happy days!

Finally time to enjoy the new car as everything (bar number plates) are complete!

fat controller
06-03-2013, 07:46 PM
And isn't it nice to be able to recommend Imperial to others? They seem to be a very genuine bunch to deal with, not infallible (but who is?) and willing to meet their obligations to keep customers happy.

Phil K
06-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Absolutely Chris, nothing really outstanding now... there's a few plans I still wish to carry out but that's different - the deal is complete at last!

and yes FC. It is nice to have had a positive experience with Imperial and I have confidence in them for the future. I would also be happy to recommend them to others and have done so via an online review service.

happy days :)

Guest 2
06-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Hopefully you will get bitten by the retrofit bug quite soon and open up a whole new world!

Phil K
06-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Lol yes, I have already looked into adding hill hold assist but we have the wrong ABS module. I understand you can change the brain but the cost starts to creep up considerably. I'd also like to change the rear lights to the later B8.5 LED units but wiring seems to be a bit of a hassle as additional cables need to be pulled through into the hatch and the light units them selves come in at about £600 :bigeyes:

With out nav I'm not sure what else there is to be done really? Maybe front PDC? Most of my ideas so far seem to be too expensive!

the next main mod will be spacers and shortly after that I might just get to drive the thing! Only 3 months and 2.5 weeks to go :yikes:

Guest 2
06-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Rear LEDs are easy - 2009 Audi A4 B8 Saloon LED Taillights Retrofit - Hopefully definitive guide soon (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?140932-2009-Audi-A4-B8-Saloon-LED-Taillights-Retrofit-Hopefully-definitive-guide-soon)

Kufatec do a small adapter loom which the above user didn't use.

You could do interior LEDs and even footwell lights if you're feeling brave.

You will need VCDS though to code for LED rears.

It's all been done before, so there are plenty of guides out there if you look.

If you really need NAV then its a good upgrade but you already have DAB and AMI so you're sorted really.

Front PDC would need a new bumper for the holes, and Kufatec do PDC packs with the sensors, loom and control module all in one.

113brucey
06-03-2013, 10:05 PM
the led on amazon plug and play no vcds easy good fit see my post led rear lamps ?? like these

Project Cars - Audi A4 B8 - LED rear Lights | PPCGB (http://www.ppcgb.com/pages/imageGallery.aspx?gallery=1&igid=195)

Phil K
06-03-2013, 10:15 PM
They do look good but seem to be saloon only and they have nothing listed for (the better looking ;) ) Avant...

Ive seen loads of threads for doing the conversion on a saloon with both the FK units and OEM ones but there very little info for doing the work on the Avant... I'm sure I read somewhere that the Avant needs cables pulling into the boot lid and that's what put me off. Hmm back to some research to see what I can dig up...

Phil K
08-03-2013, 02:57 PM
I have to laugh having only the other day commented how I had left Imperial car sales a good review on Consumer Reviews, Product Ratings, Compare Best Prices | Review Centre (http://www.reviewcentre.com). - last night I received a moderation email demanding my full contact details, a copy of my proof of purchase for the car and informing me that my review had been removed until I can produce evidence of its authenticity! I appreciate that given the amount of negative reviews my good experiences might have sounded slightly 'home grown' but it shocks me that they expect me to scan my bill of sale for such a large value purchase...

I've let them have my contact details and rather than proof of purchase I've given them a nice picture of my car! I await their reply... If they aren't diplomatic I'll have to give them a bad review lol

Anyway, just washed the wheels in the rain and being a sad git grabbed a couple of pics (my neighbours probably think I'm mad). Had a play with them in Snapseed on the iPad in a vain attempt to bring them to life...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/f811828749b01901c0870d520d390216.jpg

and yes, my 'darling' wife has curbed the front wheel when parking it this morning - twice and its still bloody touching!!!! :zx11:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/0ded96f1da5113211e2bb9900a6b8c72.jpg

fat controller
08-03-2013, 05:03 PM
You do realise that I am going to be keeping an eye out for your wheels on the road now, don't you? If you ever get a grinning idiot in a Sphere Blue Avant flashing his lights at you, that will be me :biglaugh:

Handsome motor you have, and looking good as always :)

Phil K
08-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Well if you see it in the next few months it'll be SWMBO as I'm still off the road and will be until the end of June - flash anyway and if you're able to speak to her have a go about the state she's let my beautiful wheels get into ;)

fat controller
08-03-2013, 09:31 PM
She would only come home and give you an earbashing!

Mine came with a couple of battle scars on the wheels - you've reminded me that I need to get them done at some point.

Phil K
08-03-2013, 11:33 PM
So spacers... Well I was waiting for payday to do this but I've been 'researching' on the FK website for a few days now and have been in touch with them about my considered options. Ultimately I want to install 10 or 13mm spacers on the front and 15mm on the rear.

As I think I've said before this would bring my current offset of ET45 out to ET35/32 front and ET30 rear. From the info I have found on the US forum this will get everything sitting fairly flush with the arches and I won't suffer any rubbing as a) my current tyres are (perhaps slightly too small at) 235 35 19 (tel:235 35 19) and b) I am not low enough (and probably never will be) lol.

The cost to do this including longer bolts and lockers is about £140 - not a huge amount but just a bit too much to find this month and deffinately too much if the above theory is wrong!

I've been looking again tonight though and have just found this absolute bargain: Tuning FK Automotive | Spurverbreiterung Distanzscheibe System B 30 mm Audi A4 allroad quattro (B8/8K) | purchase online (http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en/Wheel-Spacers/Wheel-Spacers/Spurverbreiterung-Distanzscheibe-System-B-30-mm-Audi-A4-allroad-quattro-B8-8K-tuning.html)

These are at least £60 cheeper than any other option on the FK website and would mormally sell for over £100!!! Almost too good to be true! :bigeyes2:

They're 15mm spacers 5x112pcd with a center bore of 66.5 perfect for the B8 but they're listed for the B8 All Road - no difference surely!?! The other bonus is these bolt to the hub and then you bolt the wheel to the spacer using the standard bolts. Looking at the same 'type b' spacers for the standard B8 Avant the only difference I can see is the weight - 1kg heavier for the all road pair...

I've decided that for the sake of the twenty odd quid (inc. postage) its worth a punt. I'll stick them on the back and see how I go. I could also try them on the front and if they work / look fine then I could keep them up there and buy another set for the rear... Either way I've ordered them and will find out soon enough :)

Interested if anyone can spot anything I might have missed or has any idea why they would list them for the all road and want so much more for the normal B8 Avant ones?

Guest 2
08-03-2013, 11:36 PM
The only thing I can think of is the air suspension on the allroad maybe? But then again that's an optional extra I'm pretty sure on the allroad too.

When's your plate change (finally!) happening? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Phil K
09-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I don't think it could be that... The only thing I can come up with is the extra weight - i.e. they're beefier for use on more challenging terrain!?! Guess I'll find out soon! Delivery will be a couple of weeks as they're currently out of stock - don't mind though at this price!

I've emailed imperial, given them a copy of the document and have also told them I have the V5 for our old car. This was Thursday and I haven't heard back from them since (suprise suprise)... will be sending off the paper work for the transfer early next week and worst case will just have to get Helfrauds to make up a new set of plates for me.

Whilst I would recommend them for well priced premium brand cars I would suggest anyone dealing with them keeps it as simple as possible - problem solving is not one if their strong points and they're not quick to come back to you once they have your money!!!

Regardless, hopefully all the above means plates and spacers should be in place by the end of the month! Happy days :)

113brucey
09-03-2013, 03:10 PM
yes fk automotive have some good prices and you can email or call and they will get back to you (email)

Phil K
09-03-2013, 05:21 PM
yes fk automotive have some good prices and you can email or call and they will get back to you (email)

Thanks to you for the info and the customer services email address :fest30:

Dieseldoos
10-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Im confused? I thought all newer S-Lines had LED rear lights? Mine has (also a 2009)?

Your car looks stunning by the way. When I get a chance, I do plan on getting some of mine up finally.

And my only regret with buying from imperials was paying extra for the extended warranty. I wish I just put the extra money to the side, incase anything was to happen. Against my normal judgement as well!

Phil K
11-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi Dieseldoos, thanks for the feedback! The 58 and early 09 plate S Lines did come with non-LED rear lights. This changed before 59 plate cars came out and also tied in with the Auto start/stop feature being added - which mine doesnt have either. I would have prefered one with both start/stop and LED lights but the price was right on this one and it had plenty of options on top of being the right colour with the right interior... anything comparable with the same kit was coming in at least £2k more than we spent!

Dont know what you paid for your warranty but if it was anything like the full price they quoted us then I can understand why you would have felt it was a waste of money... we got approx 50% discount and with the key slot and fuel filler flap needing repair straight away I'm sure its paid for it self already! I also feel happier knowing I can have some peace of mind over the rest of the car!

Phil K
31-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Not updated for a few weeks and unfortunately I've not got much to report. Plates still aren't on although they have been made up by the trader - just need to get over there to collect them and send of the paperwork once I'm happy the plates are correct.

And, no spacers either... :(
FK have taken my money, emailed me twice to say they can't get them from their supplier but are still trying (I thought FK made their own branded parts!?!). The down side is the price was so good I don't want to accept a refund and would rather wait it out... I will give them a few more days and send an email if I don't hear anything else.

So the only thing I have to share is the wash and good polish I've given it yesterday/today. Used the Meguires 3 stage clean/polish/wax stuff and I'm fairly pleased with the finish... It was more to get some protection on there rather than achieve a concours finish so I'm happy enough.

I'm also feeling the need to de-badge the rear but had wanted to wait for spacers and plates to be installed for a nice big step forward all in one go... I might give up on that though and attack them with floss, heat gun and sticky stuff remover in the morning :)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/1c3ce1a90907ed450aeda156bc103525.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/ab6231d4369b3bcd965fb9e2ccafc8bb.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/db165300d9b2353645f9b0444942f356.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/1b66022aaf7fcc723c54a14072c47ef7.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/de8781a57d9f12f9f920934c6bb02b81.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/8f5ca5a8fb11481b651589e452b60a29.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/3b20f5cee9bd17cf5129844090d4b809.jpg

Guest 2
01-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Still not on?!

Definitely debadge the rear, just seen your post in the other thread so definitely do it!!

Your 'holiday' from driving must be up soon now Phil?

Awesome looking car, love the colour.

Does your 2009 car have the rear LED lights? Could be another upgrade to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Phil K
01-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Well actions speak louder than words so I'll let the pics do the talking :)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/0c0238b9dc9746c75ff6184f9660e78f.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/3f392beb169ad39754fc3ad192d49a7d.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/8c7ec10a950396c903b13e7a16deeb96.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/51e56e4db688a213b79da6cbab927f4d.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/938252b29f05c711efb0fb498899f357.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/8966e6965163601e1d98bf609b18e69a.jpg

Should be picking up the plates this afternoon!

Guest 2
01-04-2013, 01:41 PM
No hesitation there!

Looks awesome!! ;)

Phil K
01-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Picked up the plates... Just waiting for DVLA and they'll be on :)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/993faf897587ba2f2dba2f71c9623f18.jpg

They're meant to read as my name but some people see an alternative version...

Guest 2
01-04-2013, 07:24 PM
They look good but a set f pressed plates would set it off imo!

I see two versions - The F11 looks like fil as in Phil (yes?) then the KET must be related to your surname, oui?

The second version I see is if the F11 had a strategically placed screw at the bottom of the two 1's (to look like a U)and the K illegally spaced it looks like F UK ET? :rolleyes: :biglaugh:

Swear filter didn't like that :(

Phil K
01-04-2013, 08:08 PM
You're quite right Chris - on both accounts and top marks for getting round the swear filter lol.. my surname is Kett so it was about as close as I could get it!

I didn't spot the 'other' meaning before I bought them but since having them made up and the amount of comments it gets I guess it's more obvious than my name! I don't mind that though, infact I quite like it - if anything it makes them saleable to anyone else should I ever decide to part with them!

Phil K
06-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Just gave her a quick wash and remembered to take a shot of the beading after last weekends waxing. Never thought to do this before but really impressed with the pics...

Roof
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/0BB4FE96-8860-4D5E-A23B-B0FCB55B0BCD-1335-000000D657260B61.jpg

Hood
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/84D1B04C-D0EE-448E-A559-636224D1DB60-1335-000000D65C3C1D2D.jpg

Guest 2
06-04-2013, 05:18 PM
I love beading shots!

Gunnark100
07-04-2013, 06:02 AM
They do look good but seem to be saloon only and they have nothing listed for (the better looking ;) ) Avant...

Ive seen loads of threads for doing the conversion on a saloon with both the FK units and OEM ones but there very little info for doing the work on the Avant... I'm sure I read somewhere that the Avant needs cables pulling into the boot lid and that's what put me off. Hmm back to some research to see what I can dig up...

Defenitly go for facelift taillights, best mod ive done so far - they look awesome! Found guy in german forum new lights 300 euro + made harness myself around 50 euro + coding. No need to worry about running wires from hatch to the trunk, its not so hard!

Guest 2
07-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Hey Phil,

Saw this last night and thought of you!

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/iPhone%20Uploads/5fa395633691ca8d3e95debc0e353d66_zps7b693cfd.jpg

Phil K
07-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Defenitly go for facelift taillights, best mod ive done so far - they look awesome! Found guy in german forum new lights 300 euro + made harness myself around 50 euro + coding. No need to worry about running wires from hatch to the trunk, its not so hard!

That's great info, thanks matey! Please can you let me have the info you used to figure out the wiring and any VAG-COM instructions you may have? I'd also be great full if you could let me know the details of who you sourced the rear lights from as that's got to be the best price I've seen!

Hey Phil,

Saw this last night and thought of you!

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/iPhone%20Uploads/5fa395633691ca8d3e95debc0e353d66_zps7b693cfd.jpg

Looks great but I think there could be a bit of photoshopping going on there and it's much lower than I'd want ours! Nice to see I'm not the only one with impeccable taste though! lol

Gunnark100
07-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Can you check your comfort modul serial- last letter M, N, or two letters at the end? Its located in trunk right side, black box few steckers in and loads of wires etc...

Phil K
07-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Assuming its this one - it ends with an N - hopefully it's the right one? I know we don't have the right ABS module for auto hold :(

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/E4E42514-57F0-4DE9-8B9F-D44096494844-2157-0000015353FF56EC.jpg

Gunnark100
07-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Regarding wiring you need:

2x connector outer 8K0 973 705 B

2x connector inner 8R0 973 605

1x wire 0,5 with Pin outer 000 979 025 E

1x wire 0,75 with Pin inner 000 979 164 E

4x wire 0,5 with Pin inner 000 979 009 E

I made small f... up and could not unpin the outer connector so i just cut those off and ordered those 1x wire 0,5 with Pin outer 000 979 025 E 4x more!!! Wires with pins are so to say pins are both side so you cut them half.

Wires with pin you can get not only from audi but aswell from skoda, vw, seat, regarding connectors im not sure.

Then i buy example this AVSK.ee (http://www.avsk.ee/?action=Products/details&productID=28566&lng=est) just makes life much easier! And for connecting two wires together something like this Oomipood - ST-031 - 4.0*22.7mm jätk punane st-060/r (http://www.oomipood.ee/en/product/st-031/4-0-22-7mm-jatk-punane-st-060-r). If you able to unpin outer connector you need 12, if not you need 20.

Plus i brought ca 10m speaker wires 0,75mm, its double wire!

So all info for harness should be in place now! Always you can buy full harness+dongle from kufatec ca 200 euro, it is kufatec.de price...very often those dongeles not working! They usualy not selling only harness without dongle, but i was "nice" and they offered 170 only harness, but i decided to do myself.

Hopefully some useful info for everybody!

Gunnark100
07-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Yes Phil, thats the correct one and last letter is different my is M, but i did by the plan for N modul so it should work.

Some link for wiring from hatch to the trunk 2013 Facelift B8 Avant Tails: Wiring Fog Lights (http://kampmeier.com/chris/blog/?p=772)

And now please pm me your email address and you will receive great stuff:)

All info is more less translated from this thread: FL-Rückleuchtenumbau geschafft :-) : Audi A4 8K (http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/fl-rueckleuchtenumbau-geschafft-t3793965.html)

Personal big thanks for couple guys from motortalk and audizine forum who helped understand few things regarding this mod!

Phil K
07-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Thanks for all the info Gunnark100! Really useful! Have you got any info on the coding or can you let me know where I can find it? Thanks again! :)

Gunnark100
07-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks for all the info Gunnark100! Really useful! Have you got any info on the coding or can you let me know where I can find it? Thanks again! :)

Email sent- enjoy and share if needed!

Phil K
08-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Thanks again mate! Just got to save some money for the lights now!

In other news, FK have come back to me to say I can expect delivery of my spacers around the 22nd of April as hey are due to go into production next week. Sweet! :)

Phil K
23-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Not a massive update from me as I've been super busy with work and family but the Avant got a pair of tyres yesterday. Not the most exciting thing ever but I managed to pick up some Avon ZZ3's from Camskill for £107 each which I thought was pretty good and had had them fitted for a cash deal at my local tyre shop... All together I've spent under £250 on new tyres which is pretty good if you ask me!

Still no spacers... FK tell me they will be out of production by the 26th so delivery soon after. I can't complain for the bargain price and I get the impressn that they're not rushing my order due to this. Still I'd rather have the spacers than a refund so the wait continues!

as she was sitting yesterday after tyre fitting.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/null.jpg

Phil K
13-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Look what arrived this morning! :D

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/null-2.jpg (http://s39.photobucket.com/user/dubdemand/media/null-2.jpg.html)

Took 2 months from order to arrive but considering I paid £20 inc. delivery I'm more than happy! I've just checked the FK website and these are back up to £70 + delivery!

Hope to have them on in the next day or 2...

fat controller
13-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Bargain!

You must be dying to get them fitted mate, and then all you need to do is enjoy your lovely motor :)

Guest 2
13-05-2013, 04:46 PM
please tell me you've finally transfered your reg?! ;)

Phil K
14-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Erm... Yeah the plates! Well the paperwork has been filled and waiting for a few weeks now but to be honest its been end of year with work and I've had other things to think about! I also need to consider the admin fee the insurance will charge to change the details plus the fact that I need to add myself to the policy in the next 6 weeks... No point incurring more costs than necessary but it will happen shortly!

Phil K
18-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Rear spaces fitted, 10mm fronts ordered. It's getting there...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/0a4ce071609604b57667508f1142a4c3.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/3477c036b80ab737fe4696cd27475454.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/b69d615b90abcb91a66cfb843ce13b17.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/a9476695942e6e05bbea2af21cb92e1d.jpg

Phil K
26-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Just to keep this updated - I've added 10mm spacers to the front now. This gives me an effective offset of ET35 front and ET30 rear with a 8.5x19 rim. I'm pleased with the results for and will probably leave it alone for a bit now (apart from getting the plates on there).

anyway, here's a few pics of the finished article...

before any spacers:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/2c8cc43a16ebfa5f1f87c6136fe4fd25.jpg

with spacers:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/8a3c5e711532da1f1dd4fde28e203722.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/90695c3e7cfb3f00958356cae5a65eac.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/f1199af19c6d7ca043dd7522e93ef365.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/1976ccf3625c36e209292a7259091547.jpg

Guest 2
27-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Looks great Phil!

Any other plans for it?

Phil K
03-06-2013, 07:00 PM
No other big plans really... I do still like the idea of adding the rear LED lights and would like to lower it slightly but as we already have the S Line suspension we would only lose an extra 10mm off the ride height and I'm therefore struggling to justify the expense!

Plates will be on at last I the next couple of weeks along with my return to the road (3 weeks tomorrow but who's counting lol).

Our Avant has also just turned 100K so after getting the boy to bed last night I thought it would be nice to give her a good wash, followed by a good wax today... So here's a few pics of my hard work!

After wash
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/da6cc2e259d88b4b29c8abe0c11cc927.jpg

After wax
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/ad5222e52c4d090900d70eb730b3649f.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/fd0e4367d818fe3bfbe7caa2d017abe6.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/901652eb1f5505d71dd06d6d227f964a.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/24de2411f7115f58ae85b6096871e6fb.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/86d2d86ccf979890f30227fc126ca8a1.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/6e1bc5eeb3d5e3fe4500e778e1623266.jpg

Phil K
25-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Not sure where to put this really but thought here would be ok as it kind of relates to the Avant - in that it now has a friend to play with lol

So, I'm back on the road at long last and picked my company car up this morning... I came straight home and give her a good wash and polish before I went for a long long drive! One of the greatest days in a long time :)

Sorry about the badge ;)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/null-3.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/null-5.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/null-10.jpg

Guest 2
26-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Boo hiss!

Enjoy! I take it your little break from driving has expired now? :rolleyes:

Phil K
26-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Yes mate, my compulsory 'holiday' expired at midnight on Monday! Lesson well and truely learnt! Feels truely great to be back on the road and whilst the first journey was a little shakey its remarkable how quickly I'm feeling comfortable and relaxed behind the wheel again!

I've also managed to get a great deal to get myself on the Audi insurance - £200 a year extra as a named driver! Thought it would be a lot higher than that!!!

Anyway, I'm off to Victoria, Waterloo and Canary Wharf today so should be fully in the swing of it all by the time I get home this evening :)

fat controller
26-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Never mind mate, I'm sure your company didn't mean to offend you, and I'm sure they'll let you get a nice car the next time round; in the meantime, you have always got the Audi at home to remind you what a proper car feels like :biglaugh:

Seriously though, welcome back to the roads - stay safe :)

Phil K
26-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Lol cheers mate, couple of years left on the lease of this one but looking on the bright side it might tie in nicely with the next new A4! ;)

Phil K
28-07-2013, 06:19 PM
At long last, I have finally got my plates on!

Sorting insurance tomorrow and I'll be enjoying my first drive of our Audi - we've only had it since Jan! :bigeyes:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/76fcbc81bae99215d93780594b069e55.jpg

Sorry, don't know how the BM snuck in there... ;)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/null-18.jpg

might even wash her tonight...

Guest 2
28-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Finally!

Take it easy this time! ;) You don't want another holiday from driving do you!

Phil K
28-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Cheers dude! At least Ive been able to enjoy a months worth of practice in the other car ;)

No more holidays for me :)

Phil K
28-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Washed...

Think I'm done with it for now. Would like it lower but can't be bothered to justify it to SWMBO for now and have my E92 to make a few improvements to :)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/d66fc1d5bca52f7635787c19817bf049.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/dubdemand/e39debf6d8c97c345ec43942394f6f76.jpg

Guest 2
28-07-2013, 10:18 PM
I like it the way it sits!

Which would you prefer the Audi or the BM?

A nice set of OEM led taillights would finish it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil K
28-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks mate, it doesn't sit badly but from certain angles it could sit slightly better ;)

The BM on the either hand will remain largely the same but I have a few plans - add USB, spacers and M3 replica boot lip spoiler (all low cost and reversible). I've already installed tweeters and got a few warranty items sorted out. If it was completely mine - wheels and ride height would be done straight away but I'll have to wait and see if a deal can be done at the end of its lease (if I want to keep it).

LED rears for the Avant are still on the list but a way off for now - I do keep an eye on eBay though ;)