PDA

View Full Version : Q7 3.0 TDI (MY2013) exhaust temp sender 1

JazzyDSG
05-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Hi all!

So, it turns out my lovely new q7 needs a new exhaust temp sender 1, my local audi service centre have kept my q7 over the weekend because it has been 'stripped down' in preparation for replacing the part on monday morning since the technician is not at work today. So my question is, how difficult is it to replace this sensor? I wanted to keep the car over the weekend and return it on monday, but they said it would then not be finished on monday. It doesn't sound right to me, feel like i'm being fobbed off!! So, experts, please advice. Btw it's the 245 3.0 tdi

Much appreciated!!

Guest 2
05-01-2013, 11:40 AM
It's under warranty so let them do their job and deal with it.

Get a courtesy at if you really need one, they will give you one.

My A3 was in for 3 days for the (I assume) same sensor and I was told its the most difficult thing to replace!

JazzyDSG
05-01-2013, 07:10 PM
thanks a6_chris, only annoyed because the fault had already been diagnosed by another audi garage over the hols so I had booked it in with my local garage expecting it to be replaced the same day, instead they rang me after having the car for a day to tell me lo and behold they found the same fault, bravo chaps!! so now i'm without my q7 until monday and they gave me a filthy a4 as courtesy car! fair play to them they will reimburse me valeting costs after i got it cleaned...