PDA

View Full Version : Question Has anyone damaged there car by using VCDS software baught from ebay?

battmiceter
04-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Does anyone know of any problems people have had using VCDS 10.6.2 baught from ebay?

Thanks.

Guest 2
04-01-2013, 11:11 PM
It's not the software It's the manufacture quality of the cable

battmiceter
05-01-2013, 12:51 AM
How do you know if the build quality is up to scratch?

Igloo
05-01-2013, 12:52 AM
You buy the Ross Tech one....

Eshrules
05-01-2013, 12:54 AM
You were given advice and the same answer on your other thread.

Perhaps one ought to heed the advice offered?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Doctle Odd
05-01-2013, 01:47 AM
Several people have answered your question, they just didn't give you the answer you wanted

battmiceter
05-01-2013, 09:48 AM
I'm not looking for any particular answer, from experience I think the more people's opinion, the better, people like yourselves, that's all, thanks

Doctle Odd
05-01-2013, 09:57 AM
As A6_Chris et al have pointed out the software is good tho it will become dated as you cannot uodate it. The problem is the quality of the cable and it's gubbins. You buy cheap, you get cheap. Would you put a 99p eBay oil filter on your B8? I think most of the guys on here want to do the right thing this stuff is counterfeit, if someone bought something off you using fake £20.00 notes would you find it acceptable on the grounds the did the same job as the genuine ones. Links to dodgy software are removed from this site on a regular basis (I know from experience) and I totally agree with that. VCDS isn't software that gives you yes/no options you have to know what you're doing so yes you could leave your car undriveable with a genuine VCDS interface but it's reversible. Here's one example of what can go wrong with the clone http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/aftermarket-radio.html .
I'm not looking for any particular answer, from experience I think the more people's opinion, the better, people like yourselves, that's all, thanks

c.grex
05-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Well i can say that once I got my car, talking to a friend at work, he had a copied cabled with newer firmware than yours.

i have plugged it in to my 2012 car and had no issues, for what I needed to do. And for what needed to be done on B7.
i wanted to look into the brake module, but the firmware wasn't new enough.

i wouldn't have paid for a real cable for just what I wanted to do. But saying that I didn't need too as you can always get help on here I have now found out.

Eshrules
05-01-2013, 04:16 PM
And we're done.

VWAF does not condone nor can we be seen to be promoting the infringement of copyright.

I would suggest members do not waste their money on fake interfaces, you won't have any recourse should anything go wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2