PDA

View Full Version : To q7 or not to q7, that is the question !

oldgit st
04-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Hey all, great forum and i have enjoyed reading alot of posts.

So, I know a noob always has the same old question but its the only way to get a good unbiased owners answer ;)

I currently have a Volvo XC90 2004 and whilst its been a fantastic car, the missus wants a change.
I am used to having 7 seats and not 100% sure I have to have them but it is in my thoughts.....

SO, i have started looking for the XC90 replacement and have kinda gone round in circles :o

this is where i am upto

another XC90 - would but they are exactly the same today as they where in 2004 - i want a change - so not on the list :(
A year old 245 ps 3.0 tdi Q7 :-) - waiting you guys to put me off lol
A Range rover sport - like them alot looks wise and interior - not got 7 seats :confused:
A disco - wifey doesnt like them.

I have not driven ANY except the XC90.

Why should i get the Q7 - does anyone here if they could do it again think they would have chosen differently.
Does the latest 245ps model give particularly good mpg ? majority of our driving is 15 miles twice a day A roads mainly.....
Is there a list of options I should look to have on the car - ie pan roof looks good :D

Just basically looking for advice fellas good or bad,

Thanks for any posts
cheers
a Q7 wanting Dany.....

JazzyDSG
05-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Hi, I just bought a new Q7 just before xmas, loving the power, space and nice smooth ride. You must go for the S line or s line plus, running boards (side steps) are a must if you have kids. S line plus is good value since you're getting a lot of extra kit like 21" wheels, tech pack high and running boards. my engine is still losening up but the last motorway run i did I got 35mpg. range rover sport is heavier and worse on fuel and no 7 seat option. only gripe is that to use the extra two seats you must remove the boot cover thingy which sits behind the 2nd row of seats, but you it's too big to keep in the car so it has to be kept indoors. Also, make sure you get a report to show there are no error codes logged, mine is back with audi to replace an exhaust gas temperature sender which is faulty; this didn't activate any dashboard warning lights and i only noticed because i wasn't able to downshift at motorway speeds - turns out the faulty sender reduces torque from the tiptronic box if it's faulty. Also, only q5, q7 or a7 are able to fit three car seats across the back seats: one isofix and two boosters. Good luck!

allroadkev
19-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Fantastic car, you'll love it, the misses will find it easy to drive, make sure you get visual park assist.