PDA

View Full Version : Soggy Bottom

v2bob
19-08-2007, 07:19 PM
I think I have a leaking sunroof on my 2001 New Beetle 2.0 ... :(

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a little bit of water on the rear seats. I thought my son had been larking around, cleaned it up and forgot about it.

This morning, after a fairly short journey in the rain, I discovered a greater amount of water splashing to the left side of the rear seat, and a very soggy headliner directly above. :1zhelp:

Has anyone else had this problem, or heard of anyone who has. I am trying to get some advice as to how to fix the problem if it persists.

I have cleaned the seal on the sunroof, and mopped up the water best I could. But I can only really keep an eye on it. I wouldn't relish a long journey on a wet day.

Any ideas or comments regarding whether VW would cover such a thing, bearing in mind that it is over six years old. I did receive an 80% discount on parts and fitting when the blue/white emblems were badly weathered outwith the warranty period.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

v2bob

jordanroch
23-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Hi bob.

You mentioned sunroof? if you mean convertible.. then thats the only help i can give.

My friend had the same problem. I cannot remember what the problem was but VW put new carpets in, and a new roof. Took 3 days and gave her a little 1200 lupo