PDA

View Full Version : A3 Suspension Settings After Being Lowered

ric4676
24-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Hi,

The previous owner of my 2004 2.0 TDI SE 140bhp had the suspension lowered 40mm at the rear and 25mm at the front using Pi suspension springs. I don't know if he had the camber angle, tow settings etc adjusted but they may have been reset to factory settings after a repair was carried out by a German firm after I was hit by a German bin lorry (2 years ago). I noticed something was wrong last month when putting my winter tyres on and the summer tyres were badly worn on the inner edges (all four). The first thing that came to mind was the the camber angle being incorrect. I took the car into Kwik-Fit to get the settings checked and adjusted but they couldn't do it as they only know the factory standard settings - not any for lowered vehicles.

Does any one know the settings or where I can get them from for this type of adjustment?

In a nutshell: Pi suspension, lowered 40mm at rear, 25mm at front, 18" wheels fitted (winter wheels are 17").

As always any help is appreciated.

zollaf
24-12-2012, 06:05 PM
whatever ride height you have, you want the standard setting for camber and toe.