PDA

View Full Version : Mark 7 has now arrived in showroom

ashakeeluk
23-12-2012, 01:02 AM
I went my local showroom today (inchcape/Smith Night Fay Stockport) who now have two Mark 7's that only just arrived yesterday, with one of them in the showroom. The earliest they said I could go for a test drive was w/c 7th Jan.

The one in the showroom was a 2.0 GT tdi DSG with the 5.8 inch media screen. Nice car but didn't like the seats in the GT model, otherwise everything else was good.

glospete
24-12-2012, 09:35 AM
... but didn't like the seats in the GT model, otherwise everything else was good.
What didn't you like about the seats - comfort, material. or what?

h5djr
24-12-2012, 10:03 AM
I have been told the 'official' UK launch of the Golf VII is on 7 January. Cars will be arriving at dealers between now and then, but no doubt they are not allowed to let them out on the road until the 7th.

ashakeeluk
24-12-2012, 09:27 PM
What didn't you like about the seats - comfort, material. or what?

I just didn't like the material in the centre, it was a sued type material, will have a closer look again. I have booked for a test drive on w/c 7th Jan and I am looking at getting the 1.4TSi ACT manual. I am looking to keep the car for a long tme so therefore avoiding the DSG due to the problems others are facing with the autobox.

I suppose the dealer will be very hard pushed to give any discount due to the car being a new model even though Drivethedeal, autoebid and ukcarbroker are giving between 10% and 11% off. So I will for sure be buying off the net.

glospete
25-12-2012, 12:35 AM
I just didn't like the material in the centre, it was a sued type material, will have a closer look again.
I have ordered leather so hopefully your negative feelings will not apply! I was worried that you found the seats uncomfortable.
Also I thought the DSG gearbox was new - dry clutch etc. What problems are you concerned about?

ashakeeluk
28-12-2012, 09:02 PM
I have had a further look on the specs and there are other options for different seats on the GT, so will investigate further. In terms of the DSG I hope they have sorted out the issues with the 7 speed box, I currently drive a tiptronic auto Mercedes on lease and its fantastic gearbox, but we also have a Yaris which is a manual that's really nippy around town. So I am really torn to go for a manual or DSG golf GT to replace the lease car.

This will also be a car I buy to keep the car for a long time, so want to get the right purchase.

G0rdon
30-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Saw an SE this afternoon at the Middlesbrough dealer. Its 'silver' dash trim was in fact a rather nice graphite colour, not the awful looking stuff on the configurator!

Evil Dan
31-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Saw an SE this afternoon at the Middlesbrough dealer. Its 'silver' dash trim was in fact a rather nice graphite colour, not the awful looking stuff on the configurator!

Have to agree from a quick sneak peak at the local dealership (it was round the back as apparently they aren't meant to be out on the showroom floor yet) that it is a very nice brushed dark aluminium colour in the SE and has a very nice look and feel to the interior. The 5.8" touchscreen is incredibly responsive and accurate so the 8" one should be even better.

Had a quick look through the manual that was in the glove compartment and had a look at some of the features. Interestingly the auxillary remote controlled heater is mentioned in the English manual, but nothing about a heated windscreen at all.