PDA

View Full Version : new 2000 audi a3 1.8t quattro, need help with turbo/manifold upgrade

audi-a3-pesky
19-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi VWAF forum

ive got a few questions to ask regarding tuning, sorry for the long post and if you get to the end thanks for reading!

just bought a 2000 plate audi a3 1.8t quattro, im not fantastic with tuning but its had abit done to it already heres the info i got when i bought it

Audi A3 1.8T QUATTRO
2000 W reg
Mot- Mid march 2013
Tax- End of Feb 2013
Top spec with all electrics, windows,mirrors,remote central locking, heated seats, digital climate control with ice cold air con.
Premium sound system with disk changer in boot and subwoofer as standard.
Modifications;
Exterior-
Smoothed custom front and rear bumpers (no fibregalss crap, proper plastic splitters smoothed in) and side skirts.
Colour coded side mouldings
De-badged mesh front grill
All rear badges removed
Black angel eye projector headlights (Hella)
Rear side windows tinted
Aero wipers
Suspension/wheels-
Lowered 30mm all round on Apex
17" Audi RS6 replica rims (like brand new) with nearly new tyres (have a spare tyre aswell)
All brake calipers painted blue
Interior-
Full black heated leather (good condition)
Dash trims vinyl wrapped in carbon fibre
Engine-
Ko3s turbo
Front mount intercooler
Induction kit
Dumpvalve
Custom made backbox (exhausts-uk)
All vaccum pipes replaced
N249 Bypassed
Remapped

i want to put a K04-01/015 turbo on it as i believe they fit the same as the ko3s, do i need anything else apart from the unit you can buy from ebay shops for around 240-300 quid? And will i need it remapping? . Also would a new manifold be needed/benificial and if so what sort am i looking at, again if i needed it remapped after the turbo was fitted could i wait until the manifold was or what order would i need to do it in?

sorry for the basic questions, i just want a bit more power and dont have much clue as to what im doing and dont want to wreck the car as at the monent its driving fine, he told me it was running at about 220bhp

kninio
27-12-2013, 08:37 PM
what is your current engine code?