PDA

View Full Version : How To Video: Replacing ignition starter switch

Dr944S2
18-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Hi,

the video shows you how to diagnose and how to replace the ignition starter switch at a Passat 35i. For this repair the steering wheel, the lock and the reduction sleeve on the steering column has to be removed. Especially pulling the reduction sleeve might be a problem. The video gives you a step by step instruction for this repair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfYklmph07k

The video has a German soundtrack but English subtitles are available at YouTube. If you don't see them by default, watch the video directly at YouTube and press the subtitle button below the video frame.

Enjoy it,

Jürgen

tyreman1
28-12-2013, 05:20 PM
A big thank you to Jurgen for posting these videos they really are extremely helpful but I did try this method this week to change my switch and couldn't find anything good enough for the puller to grip to so in the end I disconnected the steering column at the universal joint under the pedals ( just a 13mm nut and bolt) and pulled the column right out,I was the able to gain access to the stupid little Phillips screw by putting a slight bend into and old screwdriver,just thought I'd post this as an alternative way if you haven't got a puller.