PDA

View Full Version : So let me get this straight.....

ccflee1
16-12-2012, 12:49 PM
We have over 150 member's, mabye 3/4 active member's, yet we cant organise a meet...

So ive got a few simple question's use can answer.

1. What day(s) would you prefer for a meet to be held on. i.e. at the weekend on a Sunday.
2. Day time meet, or Night time?

As the majority of us are in the central area, it would be good to get a central meeting point to us all, so its fair enough for everyone. Or once a month travel to another location, e.g. Glasgow one month, Edinburgh the next.

So,
3. Where would you'se like a meet to be held?
4. What would you like to do at the meet i.e. McDonald's, Franky & Benny's, Cinema...etc etc...

To me its a bad thing that us scots are not coming together in regular meets, especially given there is that many of us in such a small area (50miles max)

So i say lets do something about it.

Also sorry for my rant, being my second post on this forum and all, And sorry if i have stepped on someones toes here

Thanks for your time to read this, Connor

Scott K
24-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Hi Connor,

I would be up for it. We are down in Edinburgh every couple of weeks at Ratho climbing so could make a meet while we are down. Hope fully the weather will improve as well!!

Cheers, Scott.

ccflee1
25-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Sounds good to me mate.

Anyone else be interested in getting a meet organised?

Would probably be an idea to do this after new year, hopefully we get some better weather.

Cheers, connor

jbh325i
21-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Im into a meet any one got any Ideas im near Cumbernuald but would be willing to travel within reason.

JimC64
21-02-2013, 03:03 AM
Ahhhhh the subject of a "meet" again......lol

Would be nice I guess.

I'm in Cumbernauld and have been to a couple as organised by Peter ( the parts guys at Stirling Audi - lovely guy )
He's organised a few, usually meeting at somewhere like The Stirling services just of the motorway and then a run to Crieff ( gorgeous on a warm sunny Sunday morning ) then perhaps the full blown meet at somewhere like Glen Turret distillery?

See below....

25th March - Crieff AUDI meet (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?130086-25th-March-Crieff-AUDI-meet)

Audi MEET 27th March 2011 - Central Scotland (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?115991-Audi-MEET-27th-March-2011-Central-Scotland)

On these occasions they have been well attended with people coming up from down south and generally all over. The last one had something like around 82 cars iirc.

This was posted over all forums such as Audi-sport.net, the TT forums and more to be fair.

I guess even if we got a dozen or so it would be cool?

Perhaps some of us here may attend the main one this year as posted above, still to be determined as yet I think.....

mrhankey
04-03-2013, 04:04 PM
would love to get a meet going. monthly ones would be great. how many would be up for it?

JimC64
20-03-2013, 03:13 AM
Check it out.......

Crieff Audi MEET Sunday 24th March 2013 10am (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?143867-Crieff-Audi-MEET-Sunday-24th-March-2013-10am)

mrhankey
01-04-2013, 07:52 PM
what about a vag meet? not sure vw cars would be welcome to audi meets would they?thanks