PDA

View Full Version : Track My Order on VW website

glospete
15-12-2012, 05:32 PM
My Golf GT is now shown on the "Track My Car" section on the VW website and it has moved from "processing your order" to "build week confirmed". All very exciting but there is no week shown :(. Does anyone know what the timescale is from now until the car moves to "arrived in UK"? I don't want delivery until 1 March anyway but I'm fascinated by the information.

Evil Dan
15-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Not to dash your hopes but my order placed 6 weeks ago has been showing as having build week confirmed for nearly a month. I think the dealer can find out but for me it is intended for a 1st March delivery so even if it's built sooner I won't be getting it!

G0rdon
16-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Mine was sat at 'Processing Order' for ages, even though the dealer's system had the build week confirmed as week 49.

Saying that, though, it's now the end of week 50, coming into week 51, and it's still sat at build week confirmed. Mailed the dealer to see what their system shows regarding its progress.

Evil Dan
16-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Mine's actually moved to being in transit after about a month as being build week confirmed. From that page:

How long does it take to get my car?

Transport from our factories to our UK ports can take up to 4 weeks for vehicles built in Europe, and for overseas models, such as the Beetle, it can take around 8 weeks.