PDA

View Full Version : Newbie post...

UltraViolet
14-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Hi,

I recently left a position where I had a company car (which I hated - the car, not the job) and started my new job 3 weeks ago and so needed to buy a car quick sharp.

I actually bought a 53 plate Passat TDi 130 Sport with 8,800 miles. Not a car I thought I would buy, but I am pleased with it.

However as it was a bit of an impulse thing (based upon it being pretty much a new car mileage wise - perfect condition and even smells new) I didn't research first, which is unusual for me.

So - questions..... what differences does the Sport model have?

It does seem to be fantastic on fuel - I do have a reasonable length commute, but I zeroed the computer thingy when I bought it so I could use "2" to see my total miles/time/ave speed/ave economy and use "1" for each trip.

So far I have driven the car for 32hours+ at average speed just over 50mph and economy average 50.4mpg !!! I was hoping it would average above the 40ish, but over 50 is astonishing.

Sam
15-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Sport will have a higher quality interior trim, sport seats, sport steering wheel, alloy wheels, and a lower, stiffer suspension setup (known as 1BE)

There's a lot of information out there but it depends on just how much you want to know. Have a peek at www.clubb5.com and check out the forums but remember to come back here!

Finally, welcome :)

Sam

UltraViolet
15-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Hi Sam (co-incidence ... that's my name too!!),

Thanks for your reply. I was begining to wonder if not a friendly place as no one replied to my introduce yourself post - 9 views, no "welcome"

The ride/handling feels pretty good. I am used to a firm ride and this is a limosine in comparison - I wouldn't get on with anything wallowy - that was one of the things I hated about the company car I had before.

It does indeed have 16" alloys and a nice soft feel leather steering wheel but I wasn't sure what would have been on the SE anyway. It doesn't say sport anywhere on the car, so really I was just making sure it really is one.

It has decent supportive seats (black trim), chrome highlight strips rather than the black I see on some cars.

Sam
16-06-2006, 08:19 AM
Hi Sam (co-incidence ... that's my name too!!),

Thanks for your reply. I was begining to wonder if not a friendly place as no one replied to my introduce yourself post - 9 views, no "welcome"

The ride/handling feels pretty good. I am used to a firm ride and this is a limosine in comparison - I wouldn't get on with anything wallowy - that was one of the things I hated about the company car I had before.

It does indeed have 16" alloys and a nice soft feel leather steering wheel but I wasn't sure what would have been on the SE anyway. It doesn't say sport anywhere on the car, so really I was just making sure it really is one.

It has decent supportive seats (black trim), chrome highlight strips rather than the black I see on some cars.

Coincidence indeed, mine's the macho version though!

This place is very informative, but as it's mainly UK based it's a little slow. It's picking up each day though, the membership just keep increasing.

My SE spec has the plastic interior trim (altho I've changed it all), no chrome on the bump strips and only 15" alloys/steelies.

The ride is very wallowy too, a trait of all stock Passats sadly.