PDA

View Full Version : Are oil specs from the dipstick normal?

mactavish95
17-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi all,

I was just wondering if oil specs coming from the dipstick is normal?

By this I mean when I remove the dipstick when the car is ticking over there are little specs of oil coming out, it doesn't poor out only very slightly.

It only does this when the car has been on a run and is warm, there is no sign of oil when the car is cold.

There isn't any back pressure only the oil.

I know someone else with a 54 plate highline 130pd and his also is the same.

Also when I was looking for my car (130pd sport), one I viewed was really bad, oil everywhere when I removed the dipstick!

I know these engines are slightly different to the normal common rail.

Also when it is cold, it smokes abit (Blue/white) and runs a little ropey but when it is warm it runs spot on, the next time I fill up I am going to put some injector cleaner through to see if that helps.

Anyone's views on the above will be greatly appreciated

Also I think the passat pd 130 sport is a fantastic car everything about mine I love the drive,power etc

But there is so many comments on here about things going wrong, but I suppose if you look at any forum they will be the same!!!

onzarob
17-08-2007, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't worry about the problems on the forum, not many people sign up to say,mYycar been perfect for ever, no reason too;)

The engine do run a little bit on crank case compression as you have, oil flying out of there would be a block breather maybe.

I wouldn't worry too much, maybe only tsake the dipstick out with the engine not running;)

mactavish95
17-08-2007, 04:10 PM
I wouldn't worry about the problems on the forum, not many people sign up to say,mYycar been perfect for ever, no reason too;)

The engine do run a little bit on crank case compression as you have, oil flying out of there would be a block breather maybe.

I wouldn't worry too much, maybe only tsake the dipstick out with the engine not running;)
Ok thanks for that!:D