PDA

View Full Version : vw passat 2001 remote central locking

laytj
14-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi, I'm looking for some help with my 2001 passat tdi's central locking. The plip/key fob light lights up when the buttons are pressed but it does not activate the central locking. The central locking works fine when locked manually with the key. The car has today been into the main dealer which cost me £40 to reprogramme the key but the car is still the same. The dealer says that there is a poblem with the car itself possibly with the wiring. If anyone has any ideas I would very much appreciate it. Thanks very much

RichardStanton
19-07-2007, 12:01 AM
My passat randomly beeps a horn sound when i lock it. this only happens sometimes . ANY IDEAS?

Davesmith
30-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Hi Lay, not sure if this will help, but I experienced similar with my 2001 2.0S. Central locking stoped working from the keyfob. Car went to dealership, fob was recoded, new fob was bought, still no joy. After 3rd visit, they realised that water had entered the car through the pollen filter (due to clogged drains in the battery compartment area). Water had leaked out of the foot vents on the passanger side, and soaked through the carpets to where the ECU's live. They were both sitting in 1inch of water. Luckly the problem was found before they were damaged, and only some wiring needed to be fixed.