PDA

View Full Version : Q7 auto wipers playing up

VAG 1
27-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Got a 56 plate Q7 3.0 tdi with 50k miles and the auto wipers are driving me nuts!:zx11:

Even in light drizzle with them set on the slowest auto setting the wipers are running really fast. I either have to manually operate or move up to the slower constant setting. This means I've effectively lost intermittent.

Anyone else have this issue?

Do you think a sensor replacement would fix it?

many thanks in advance

Guest 2
27-11-2012, 09:11 AM
You would really need a diagnostic scan to see if there was a fault with the sensor. Where abouts are you?

Remember the little toggle thing is the sensitivity changer so when it's at the top it's very sensitive to rain and at the bottom it's less sensitive but your problem seems to be its very sensitive at the bottom.

VAG 1
27-11-2012, 09:59 AM
You would really need a diagnostic scan to see if there was a fault with the sensor. Where abouts are you?

Remember the little toggle thing is the sensitivity changer so when it's at the top it's very sensitive to rain and at the bottom it's less sensitive but your problem seems to be its very sensitive at the bottom.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm in Maidstone, Kent.

they are way too sensitive at any position of the toggle switch. I've got an 11 plate golf with auto wipers and these work really well.

I don't think the q7s have ever been that great tbh but they definitely seem to have taken a turn for the worse recently.

there's an independent near my work maybe I should take it in for a scan then.

Thanks again.