PDA

View Full Version : Could I Have A Clutch Issue ??

quattrodaddy
23-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Just noticed over the last two weeks that I have started to notice an awful smell when moving in slow moving inching traffic up inclines during the school run. Could this be a clutch issue ?

markp306
24-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Just noticed over the last two weeks that I have started to notice an awful smell when moving in slow moving inching traffic up inclines during the school run. Could this be a clutch issue ?

I used to get this symptom reversing uphill on my B6 cabriolet quattro manual. I can't recall when it started and I never got to the bottom of it as a growing family forced a trade in for a B8 - sorry that's not much help! (It had only done 24k miles at trade in).

To compare the two, the B6 was by far the better ownership experience. This B8 has been a nightmare! :zx11:

adamss24
24-11-2012, 11:08 AM

Do you ride the clutch ? If you do then it's the clutch overheating and glazing over, soon it will start slipping !

quattrodaddy
27-11-2012, 11:51 PM
A little, but no more than before. Issue or smell shall we say has only been noticeable last couple of weeks. I have driven the car on the same route for the last two years without the odour.