PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 black edition 62 plate

makaveli0199
22-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi people I was after some advice on the voice recognition in my a4 it's AMI not MMI. The voice recognition doesn't seem to work with any of my commands ? Does it work with phone and can you download my contacts to the car ? Any help is gratefully received

DrNorthy
22-11-2012, 07:51 PM
I gave up with my voice commands nothing seemed to work audi need to work on it a (big) bit more

Guest 2
22-11-2012, 08:03 PM
voice recognition comes in 2 flavours - phone control and full sds (nav control etc)

if you press the talk button and say HELP it will tell you what you can ask it.

when your phone is connected it will sync your phonebook to the car and you can find this by pressing TEL then one of the inner keys around the control knob.

derekm
23-11-2012, 06:21 PM
If you want to dial a contact in your phone book using Voice control then you need to have stored a voice tag against that contact. The voice tags can only be added to contacts in your phone book when the car is stationary. Then when you want to call a contact that you have given a voice tag, you simply push the voice button and say "Select" then say the "voice tag" for that person then say "Dial".

Works fine for me.

Occasionally have to repeat a command. If you say the commands clearly it should work ok.

Keep the voice tags simple i.e. first names only and when recording the tags make sure you speak clearly and again when you want to dial them speak clearly so that the system can recognise and match what you say to the voice tag that is stored against that person.

DrNorthy
23-11-2012, 07:41 PM
It's the storing of the names I struggle to get to work. I have one stored and come hell or high water I can not store another.