PDA

View Full Version : Multitronic Reversing Problems - FIX :)

Jason Carson
22-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi,

It's been a while,

I know theirs a few people out their which has or had same problems as me with the multitronic gear boxes whilst reversing. From cold start when reversing my car would need about 2500 revs before it even thought about beginning to move, this problem was worse on colder mornings or up a slope. If you own a multitronic you'll know what im talking about.

However, I recently had my car serviced and pointed out to my local Audi dealership my problem. They suggested an oil change on my gearbox as its coming upto 40k miles and apparently this is when they need doing for the first time but costs £176.00!. I said well if it fixes it then go for it.

I picked my car up later that day and saw my bill hadn't risen much, when questioning them they said "they didn't need to change the oil because as software update fixed the problem". Tears of joy where streaming down my face! Now my car reverses with no problems whatsoever and is also more economical, it doesnt seem to rev as much either seems to use more of its torque is that makes sense? Feels like a new car again.

Anyway just thought I'd let people know that's all.

Guest 2
22-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Good news but remember you need the fluid changed every 40k iirc.

Jason Carson
23-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Good news but remember you need the fluid changed every 40k iirc.

7k Miles to go before first fluid change, may improve it even more.

tenfootrob
25-11-2012, 01:28 PM
How old is your car? Did they say if this was a new software update?

My '60 plate has always been a pain reversing up the drive in cold weather - I've had it from 7k miles so the oil was still fresh then, so I wonder if it's worth giving the dealer a call before winter sets in.

Jason Carson
25-11-2012, 01:46 PM
How old is your car? Did they say if this was a new software update?

Mine is a 60 plate as well, they didnt say wether it was new update or not though so cant help you with that sorry.

mjcairney
15-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Mine is a 60 plate as well, they didnt say wether it was new update or not though so cant help you with that sorry.

I have A4 Multitronic with this same problem and am going to speak to my local dealer about it. However, it may be beneficial if I could quote the name of your dealer so that mine could, if necessary, speak with them to get the relevant details/facts so I wonder if you would kindly let me know their name and location.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Cheers,

Martin.

Jason Carson
15-12-2012, 05:46 PM
I have A4 Multitronic with this same problem and am going to speak to my local dealer about it. However, it may be beneficial if I could quote the name of your dealer so that mine could, if necessary, speak with them to get the relevant details/facts so I wonder if you would kindly let me know their name and location.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Cheers,

Martin.

Kings Lynn, Norfolk is where my dealer is located and its the marriot motor group. Below is the link to their website which includes contact details etc.

Kings Lynn Audi < Marriott Motor Group < partner-uk < Search Centres < Locate a Centre < Audi UK (https://www.audi.co.uk/content/audi/locate-a-centre/search-centres/partner-uk/marriott-motor-group/kings-lynn.html)

I've only clocked 34k miles but as A6 Chris rightly says the gearboxes need a fluid change every 40k, my dealer said this would also make a slight improvement once it's done next year sometime.

I wish you the best of luck.

mjcairney
16-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Kings Lynn, Norfolk is where my dealer is located and its the marriot motor group. Below is the link to their website which includes contact details etc.

Kings Lynn Audi < Marriott Motor Group < partner-uk < Search Centres < Locate a Centre < Audi UK (https://www.audi.co.uk/content/audi/locate-a-centre/search-centres/partner-uk/marriott-motor-group/kings-lynn.html)

I've only clocked 34k miles but as A6 Chris rightly says the gearboxes need a fluid change every 40k, my dealer said this would also make a slight improvement once it's done next year sometime.

I wish you the best of luck.

Many thanks for the info, much appreciated. My car is on an 61 plate and has only covered 15K miles, so the fluid change is not an issue.

Cheers,

Martin.