PDA

View Full Version : New A7... Rear seat belts a problem!

Chuckles
21-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Hi...

A friend of mine just traded his A6 Avant for secondhand 2012 A7 Quattro... What a car...!!!

However, he's in a bit of a dilemma... He's a family man and just discovered that the rear seat has only 2 seat belts... Suffice to say, 'her in doors' (and himself) are not so happy as they have 3 children and only 2 belts!!!

is it possible to change the rear seats to accommodate a third seat belt or is there such a seat available in any of the A7 models?

regards,
Chuckles

kite
21-11-2012, 10:13 PM
I know people which ****** over the self same problem in an A5

....If only I was as smart as this bloody phone

shabazmo
22-11-2012, 09:28 AM
New A7's from model 2012 come with 3 seats at the back as standard, so it can be done but not sure if the early models have the mountings. there is an A7 breaking in Manchester in a beige colour but not sure if it is a 5 seater. Let us know how he gets on with the wife.

@mark
22-11-2012, 06:59 PM
You may also wish to check out the type approval and insurance situation here.

If the car is the 4 seat version then that will clearly be stated on the V5 document. I believe that if you change the number of seats on a vehicle, it needs to be inspected and approved first plus this is a significant notifiable modification so the insurance company will want to know.

So the change may be easy but it could be an expensive admin nightmare.