PDA

View Full Version : Parking sensors OEM

ChA6dders
20-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Guys do Audi OEM parking sensors come ready painted or are they painted by the dealer and fitted by the dealer?
Also hoe easy are they to fit?
Cheers

Guest 2
20-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Not sure but I'm guessing probably not.

Remember you'll need the sensor loom, control module and relevant wiring to incorporate it into the MOST/CAN systems in the car.

You would be better fitting the Cobra Sensors which are flush with the bumper and only require the reverse light pick up Cobra Flush Parking Sensors - Colour Coded | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221143570111?redirect=mobile)

I can vouch for the above seller - highly rated.

gupsterg
20-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Guys do Audi OEM parking sensors come ready painted or are they painted by the dealer and fitted by the dealer?
Also how easy are they to fit?

They come in about four colour codes only pre painted and unpainted... looking at your side light guide yours is same colour code as my car... sorry computer say no to that being pre painted :( ... you'll also need a bumper with PDC holes...

My car had factory fit rear PDC but no graphical display ie the sonar lines... got module off ebay for £30... seen looms for about under £20... I was also able to grab unpainted sensors set of 4 for £40 off ebay (Brand new :) )...

As to retrofit them off the top of my head member Kerbdog done them on his car... Link:- VW AUDI Forum - VWAF (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/member.php?170333-kerbdog)

I can help with the coding part and double check P/N's for you :) ...

ChA6dders
20-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Gup
PM sent ;-)

ChA6dders
20-11-2012, 11:39 AM
That's alot of money Chris but thanks for the input

Guest 2
20-11-2012, 12:54 PM
When you factor in the cost of the OEM setup it's relatively cheap.

It's what Audi dealers use to retrofit them to cars.

gupsterg
20-11-2012, 12:58 PM
The ebay link is good value... £199 is list price... when part no is searched it hits A6 2005-2008 and 2009 -2011...

Looks spot on mate... yes factory fit ones are flusher but on value for £££ and fitting I would be inclined to go for that Audi kit...

My mate has those on his A4 Avant 55 plate... you really can hardly tell that they are sitting on bumper unless you are really looking... if you get what I mean...

I don't know if you get the sonar lines on MMI red screen but gotta say that helps more than just the beeping and IMO better than the camera setup...

ChA6dders
20-11-2012, 01:04 PM
The ebay link is good value... £199 is list price... when part no is searched it hits A6 2005-2008 and 2009 -2011...

Looks spot on mate... yes factory fit ones are flusher but on value for £££ and fitting I would be inclined to go for that Audi kit...

My mate has those on his A4 Avant 55 plate... you really can hardly tell that they are sitting on bumper unless you are really looking... if you get what I mean...

I don't know if you get the sonar lines on MMI red screen but gotta say that helps more than just the beeping and IMO better than the camera setup...

Cheers mate will painting them effect the signal I'd probably do a few coats of primer if needed then the actual colour

gupsterg
20-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Yep I sprayed mine at home... good result via doing like a waft motion at distance on them and doing a few coats, I got away without a primer... some good guides on the net have a google...

Spit
06-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Hi Chris, gupsterg, all members reading this, I completed a PDC retrofit on an Audi A5 2008 (already had rear audible sensors) now have graphics, reverse camera, front & back sensors. All working except the aps switch which lights up when activated (by putting in reverse gear) but no way of activating/deactivating the front sensors except when speed goes above 5mph. Does anyone have any idea what pins to connect to the parking control module. I used the Kufatec guide and pin outs not correct. Happy to help anyone with PDC retrofit and post my guide up here (put on a5oc.com). Thanks

kanecullen89
08-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Hi Chris, gupsterg, all members reading this, I completed a PDC retrofit on an Audi A5 2008 (already had rear audible sensors) now have graphics, reverse camera, front & back sensors. All working except the aps switch which lights up when activated (by putting in reverse gear) but no way of activating/deactivating the front sensors except when speed goes above 5mph. Does anyone have any idea what pins to connect to the parking control module. I used the Kufatec guide and pin outs not correct. Happy to help anyone with PDC retrofit and post my guide up here (put on a5oc.com). Thanks

Hi,

Where did you get the front bumper sensor wiring loom from?
I have factory fitted front and rear sensors but my wiring has become damaged I believe.

Cheers
Kane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk