PDA

View Full Version : some info needed

gibbo87
19-11-2012, 06:18 PM
hello.I have just got a vw passat 1.8t.it needs a oil cooler and a heater matrix. id like to know if there the same as audi skoda bora ect..
and if anyone got any for sale.
thank you

zollaf
19-11-2012, 07:01 PM
welcome to the forum. not sure if they are the same or not but somewhere like gsf will be able to supply new ones cheap enough. question is, the heater matrix is a job to change, do you want to do it twice because the first one wasn't as good as you thought. the cooler is easier to change but cleaning the cooling system is a big undertaking, do you want to do it twice because the first one wasn't as good as you thought ?
are you feeling lucky ?

Doctle Odd
19-11-2012, 07:08 PM
I was waiting for "are you, punk"? :biglaugh:

zollaf
19-11-2012, 07:09 PM
i wait until they have 10 posts before saying that to them :)

gibbo87
19-11-2012, 07:19 PM
thank you zollaf i take it its a full dash out job?

zollaf
19-11-2012, 07:38 PM
i am pretty sure it is, but never had to do one so not going to say for sure but i am sure someone has.
like the fiat coupe i had booked in for one, expecting to have 2 days work and it took all of an hour. sometimes there is a panel to get to it, but if its like my audi then it is a full dash out job. either way, a new matrix is cheap enough and you know you won't be doing it again for a while, and wasting all that expensive antifreeze.