PDA

View Full Version : NEW AUDI Q5 S Line Plus Package - ADVICE NEEDED ASAP

danielford99
14-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Hi everyone,

I got my new Audi Q5 S Line Plus on Monday morning and was playing with all the new gadgets last night when I realised for some reason I didnt have the Hard Drive, Jukebox, TFT Display, the ability to download etc.

I have spoken with the dealer and they have said it should have Technology Pack High installed - which it doesnt??

The car is leased through work and I have spoken with the leasing company and they have said it was ordered with Technology Pack Low???

What I dont understand is the car is a 62 Reg, new facelifted model with the S Line Plus package - on the audi website 'car configure' and brochure the things I am missing come as standard....totally confused and need help please.

Dan

Guest 2
14-11-2012, 05:55 PM
The dealer is right - it should have tech pack high as standard on the plus - show your leasing company the brochure and see what they say.

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/PriceAndSpecGuides/q5.pdf

Going by the Brochure you should have

MMI Navigation system plus. Hard disk
navigation with topographical map display,
places of interest and town models in 3D,
with high-resolution 7” colour TFT display.
The system offers three alternative routes,
with the ability to scroll along the selected
route and manoeuvre within the map. Uses
7-digit postcode recognition. Includes
split-screen mode for route information,
dynamic route guidance (TMC), intersection
zoom function, motorway exits and lane
recommendations in Driver’s Information
System (DIS). When combined with Mobile
telephone preparation – High with Audi
connect (9ZW), the system uses Google
Earth images for navigation. Includes 2 SD
card readers, single CD/DVD player, 40GB
hard drive and Jukebox (20GB) for storing
and managing music files in WMA and MP3
format. Includes European navigation data
(where digitised)

danielford99
14-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Hi,

Yes just as I thought, but my 2013 62 Plate q5 S Line Plus doesnt have the majority of that on it!!!

Unbelieavable.

I have spoken with Audi Customer Care and they are looking in to it...lets see what they come back with, because if it is anything but having the proper items installed, I wont be a happy bunny :)

Thanks

Guest 2
14-11-2012, 06:25 PM
You may end up getting a replacement car!

crawfordh
10-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Hi everyone,

I got my new Audi Q5 S Line Plus on Monday morning and was playing with all the new gadgets last night when I realised for some reason I didnt have the Hard Drive, Jukebox, TFT Display, the ability to download etc.

I have spoken with the dealer and they have said it should have Technology Pack High installed - which it doesnt??

The car is leased through work and I have spoken with the leasing company and they have said it was ordered with Technology Pack Low???

What I dont understand is the car is a 62 Reg, new facelifted model with the S Line Plus package - on the audi website 'car configure' and brochure the things I am missing come as standard....totally confused and need help please.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Just read your post. The HDD Sat nav is only standard on facelifted S Line Plus cars from October 2012. You can check brochures before this date and you will find that DVD SAT NAV is standard.

There are plenty of 62 plate demo cars in the showrooms with DVD SAT nav even claiming to be 2013 cars, these are actually 2012. To upgrade your car to HDD NAV before the end of October would have cost you £460.
MMI Navigation system – DVD-based

including 2 SDHC memory card readers

and DVD player for navigation data which

can also be used for music CDs, all MP3,

WMA and AAC compatible. Dynamic route

guidance via TMC and 5-digit postcode entry

I think the SAT NAV was the only change to the Q5 in October but any dealer should confirm this.

My car is being built in January for March 2013 and is an Sline Plus as well. I still never saw a showroom car fitted with the new HDD SAT NAV but its the same system as the revised A4, A5 and A4 Allroad. I was very impressed with it, you get a much better display and improved menu system with less buttons on the console. Also there is a joystick on the control knob. The DVD system has just been taken out the October 2012 brochure.

cjoseph
15-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Hi there,

I have just put a holding deposit on a nearly new Q5 that is suppose to be a facelift model, registered in October 2012 - I actually haven't seen the car yet, but should be in the dealer next week.

I can still back out of the purchase if it transpires that the car is not quite as I expect it.

Your post now makes me concerned that this car may not have the latest MMi Plus. Is there a way of checking what system it has installed. I know the VIN number.