PDA

View Full Version : VAG-COM - VW Polo 9N3 2008 - EPS Light (Throttle Body Issue?)

s0evil
13-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Hi guys,
Could anyone please help?

I was driving to the gym the other night and the EPS light came on and i noticed a jolting which was obviously the throttle body so i kept driving with it thinking its not such a big deal as i have had this issue before. As i was driving back i got a sudden jolt and the exhaust light also came on also. when i finally found the time to look at the problem i removed the throttle body and gave it a good clean with carb cleaner and reinstalled it. I ran VAG-COM and tried to clear the error but every time i try the error comes back straight away and also i cannot do a throttle body alignment as it show error where the normal adapt run should be. I have tried cleaning the connectors in case that was it, i have even taken the throttle body to bits looking for anything obvious but still no joy. The car runs ok but i do not have any boost which leaves me driving like any old woman, it takes me around ten minutes to get to 50mph lol. Would anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be, the error code is below.

1 Fault Found:
17952 - Angle Sensor 1 for Throttle Actuator (G187): Signal too Large
P1544 - 006 - Short to Plus

Thanks

Steve

Doctle Odd
13-11-2012, 12:55 PM
What did you scan with? I looked on AD it's says throttle position sensor short to positive or the motor

Sam
13-11-2012, 01:15 PM
EPC light or EPS light?

You mention boost, but you don't say what engine.

Guest 2
13-11-2012, 01:17 PM
EPC light or EPS light?

You mention boost, but you don't say what engine.

Going by this post Recode Help Please (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?74881-Recode-Help-Please&p=386229#post386229) the OP has a 1.2 which I don't think has boost! :D

Sam
13-11-2012, 01:37 PM
That'll be why there's no boost then, there's no turbo :biglaugh:

s0evil
13-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your replies
My car is a 1.2, i used VAG-COM to scan and when i say boost i mean no power

s0evil
13-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Found the problem, pin 1 of the connector wire has broken off, done a quick fix to test and its working great, need to go to the breakers yard and get a replacement cable/connector now