PDA

View Full Version : VW Tool + Vag +K Can Commander 1.4

dab1hand2
13-11-2012, 02:36 AM
Hi, can someone help me I have a VW T5 Transporter 1.9tdi 2007.
I am planning to fit cruise control - so I bough a cheap cable off ebay <removed>
So i can change the adaptations and read the odd fault code when needed - I can't really justify buying the VCDS / ross tech for the few times I will need it (It would be sat in the garage most of the time)

I have installed the software and connected the laptop to the van - its really odd, because it will talk to some control units but not all!!!
ie. it will talk to the instrument cluster, parking sensors and airbag control units (and even perform tests) and a few others, but it won't talk to the Engine ecu - which is the one i need to talk to to activate cruise control.

I have used both programs that came with it - <removed> nether will talk to the engine ECU - all I get is a message saying "changing to Baud rate 0" and then unable to connect.

Anyone any ideas - or is there some other software i can use with this cable?

martin1810
13-11-2012, 10:11 AM
That's not a diagnostic cable and why you expected cheap Chines cr*p to work is beyond me. Waste of money.

Guest 2
13-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Where are you located OP - we may be able to find someone close to you with vcds.

Doctle Odd
13-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Is this an ad?

Guest 2
13-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Is this an ad?

registered email address and ip address checks out so i think not

Doctle Odd
13-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Ok it was just the name of the member that stood out, the real thing costs 10 grand!