PDA

View Full Version : EML Light On and Off, On and Off

Volk
12-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Hi

I have got a Octavia I 130 pd, with an engine light that comes on and stays on for a couple of times then goes off, full details as below

(1) Light came on

(2) Filled up with £8.00 of diesel to get me to the end of the month

(3) Light went out for about 20 miles

(4) Filled up with diesel (full tank)

(5) Light went out

(6) Take Car in fault read - coolant sensor intermittent fault discovered

(7) Fault code cleared

(8) Light came on after covering about another 200 miles

(9) Light went off after about 20 miles for about 2 miles.

Obviously looks like the coolant sensor needs to be replaced, but why does the EML come on and go off?

Thanks.

Doctle Odd
13-11-2012, 12:03 AM
You should change the coolant sensor first then clear the codes (use VCDS) see what happens then. Clearing the code is pointless without fixing what caused the code

zollaf
13-11-2012, 12:03 AM
probably got an intermittant fault where it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, or a dodgy wire that sometimes is ok and sometimes not.

Volk
13-11-2012, 12:07 AM
You should change the coolant sensor first then clear the codes (use VCDS) see what happens then. Clearing the code is pointless without fixing what caused the code

Garage cleared fault code and told me if it came back on it would need a new coolant sensor, my question is why the light goes on and off.

Volk
13-11-2012, 12:09 AM
probably got an intermittant fault where it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, or a dodgy wire that sometimes is ok and sometimes not.

Thanks, will get the coolant sensor changed, at least my first issue with the car is a small one and not expensive hopefully:D

zollaf
13-11-2012, 12:09 AM
intermittant fault, when its playing up the light is on and when it ok the light is off.