PDA

View Full Version : How To Change Suspension Bushes Polo 05 plate

PoloUser
12-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Hi

Can someone point me to a guide on how to change the bushes on the polo suspension arm? The bushes at the back under the floor that the arm pushes into. Looking for tips, tools needed, alignment of bush when inserting etc. Having looked over the job I am concerned about how to remove the arm out of the bush, and also how to extract the bush. I have a home made puller but wonder if a bit of heat and some hammering against a big old socket might do it.

Thanks

Andrew

zollaf
12-11-2012, 08:14 PM
buy some poly bushes, much easier to fit and should last a bit longer and make the car handle better.

PoloUser
13-11-2012, 08:07 AM
buy some poly bushes, much easier to fit and should last a bit longer and make the car handle better.

Thanks for the advice but I need to fit the new VW bushes I have before end of week - not my car anyway and can't pick and choose bushes.

Thanks

Polouser

paul1964
08-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Bit of threaded studding and some big washers not difficult then

PoloUser
08-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Bit of threaded studding and some big washers not difficult then

It's done now - got the garage to do it as I used 2 big metal plates and a threaded rod but the pressure ended up splitting the moulded plastic casing for the rubber bush and they wouldn't put it through an MOT because of that.