PDA

View Full Version : Bereft..........

fat controller
08-11-2012, 07:18 PM
My car is in overnight to get the judder/gearchange problem looked at, so not only am I missing my car, but I have also had the indignity of having to catch a bus home :(; fingers crossed I get her home tomorrow.

zollaf
08-11-2012, 07:50 PM
a bus ??, what , those things that poor people get carted around in ?
shame on you. :(

DrNorthy
08-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Bus? Where is the courtesy car?

Guest 2
08-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Bus? Where is the courtesy car?

x2 - I'd be insisting a courtesy car even more so because its being looked at under warranty.

fat controller
08-11-2012, 08:58 PM
No courtesy car available - and to be fair, apart from the bus ride home from work and back again tomorrow, I don't really need the car as such - if its going to be in longer than tomorrow though, I'll be pushing for something.

Doctle Odd
08-11-2012, 09:18 PM
You must have a big driveway if you can park a bus on it! A Punto would be easier parked..

Guest 2
08-11-2012, 09:19 PM
If I was given a Punto id definitely take the bus instead ;)

Doctle Odd
08-11-2012, 09:21 PM
I had a diesel Punto years ago. tow when cold model

fat controller
09-11-2012, 06:28 PM
I'd rather walk than drive a Punto!

Bit miffed though, no contact from the dealer despite me calling them twice this afternoon.

theskyfox
09-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Curious. Every time I've had a service/warranty repair I've been given a courtesy car. I thought it was meant to be like for like? was given a Diesel A5 3.0TDi both times....

-Andrew

Guest 2
09-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Curious. Every time I've had a service/warranty repair I've been given a courtesy car. I thought it was meant to be like for like? was given a Diesel A5 3.0TDi both times....

-Andrew

I don't think the car is at Audi, though!

fat controller
09-11-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't think the car is at Audi, though!

Sadly its not, rather the car dealer that I purchased it from. To be completely honest, I don't really need the car over this weekend - what is narking me is the failure to return my calls, and to tell me what (if anything) they have found and what is being done.

Guest 2
12-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Any updates? :)

fat controller
12-11-2012, 07:45 PM
I have her back (thank god!)

Apparently, the car was checked by their own mechanics and independently by an RAC inspector and they can find nothing wrong with it. I remain unconvinced not least because I have had a couple of judders this afternoon, however at least its now on record that I raised an issue fairly early on should there be any failure in the coming weeks/months.

Guest 2
12-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Hmmm I definitely wouldn't be accepting that - if you took a drive with one of the mechanics in the car and demonstrated the fault to them but Sod's law means it won't happen when they're there!

fat controller
12-11-2012, 08:16 PM
That's the problem - I can't even reproduce it at will. I've got a year's warranty, so hopefully it will either show properly in that time or if its me, hopefully I will get used to driving it without the judder!

If I had a few quid spare, I would run it into an indy and ask them for an opinion in writing, but I am skint at the minute.

zollaf
12-11-2012, 08:21 PM
so have you seen the rac report ?
why would they go to the expense of getting an rac report when there is nothing wrong with it ?

fat controller
12-11-2012, 08:56 PM
I don't think they got an RAC report as such - all their cars are checked by the RAC before going on sale, and any defects found are rectified. Both when I dropped it off last week, and when I collected it today there was a guy in an RAC uniform there, presumably carrying out inspections; the impression that I got was that they got him to drive it purely for a second opinion rather than carrying out a full inspection.

I am generally quite light footed, which is maybe why the problem shows more with me than anyone else? I have noticed myself if I drive it with more 'vigour' then the fault won't show.

Crazyfool
13-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Courtesy car all the way, even if its just the 12 mile round trip to the office. One visit I was upgraded because they didn't have any A4/A5 equivelants. Pain really because the wife now wants an A6!

Sportwag
15-11-2012, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=fat controller;760927]That's the problem - I can't even reproduce it at will. I've got a year's warranty, so hopefully it will either show properly in that time or if its me, hopefully I will get used to driving it without the judder!

[QUOTE]

The way of reproducing clutch judder is to put the steering on full lock and try move off smoothly (on full lock) without clutch judder. For me it was gearbox out, new DMF and clutch in at under 30,000 miles :bigeyes:

fat controller
15-11-2012, 06:11 PM
I'll try that and see what happens, thanks :)