PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Heater slow to clear screen

n0v
05-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Hi,

can anyone help, my windscreen is taking almost 10 minutes to clear in a morning. I have tried the windscreen button setting and also tried turning the fans to max fan and manually setting them towards the windscreen. The aux heater is set to auto.

Is this normal, how long does everyone else wait???

It is not even that cold yet, 3.5 Cent this morning.

cheers

n0v

fat controller
05-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Two or three minutes and I was on my way this morning, similar temp to yours

theskyfox
06-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Yes, it takes a few minutes. We don't have the luxury of the heated windscreens that Ford etc have. Make sure you have air conditioning set to on, and temp to max. Air con will dehumidify the air, removing inside mist and moisture.

-Andrew

P Smiddy
06-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Dont quote me but if its 5C or below the aux system kicks in and you have to also have the temp set above 25c......dont know why i have this in my head but thats what i do and its been fine.

JimC64
06-11-2012, 01:38 PM
yes, it takes a few minutes. We don't have the luxury of the heated windscreens that ford etc have. Make sure you have air conditioning set to on, and temp to max. Air con will dehumidify the air, removing inside mist and moisture.

-andrew

+1 on the above

n0v
06-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Thankyou for the replies. I tried this morning and it seemed faster, maybe it was me. It was colder this morning with less humidity though.

i have electric mirrors, are they heated does anyone know. Rear screen cleared but mirrors did not!

cheers

n0v

P Smiddy
06-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Look at the controls for the mirrors, there is the left right and a logo in the middle, looks like a mirror with waves on it. Set the knob to that and it will sort your mirrors out. It did in the b7 work with only hitting the rear heater button.

n0v
07-11-2012, 10:13 PM
That works thanks, seems a bit over the top having a button for the rear screen and one for mirrors, should be combined.

zollaf
07-11-2012, 10:18 PM
no it shouldn't. its combined on my 80 and sometimes its a pain. if i ave the dogs in the boot i might want to clear the rear screen and not the mirrors because they are already clear, or if its a bit foggy outside i might want to clear my mirrors but not the already clear rear screen (no dogs on this journey). using them uses their life expectancy and also consumes fuel.

derekm
09-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Out of interest what year is your car?

I have noticed on my New 2012 facelift that the screen takes much longer to clear than it did on my previous 2008 model.

They seem to have changed the heater/AC controls a bit on the facelifts but it definatley isn't as good at clearing the screen in the mornings :(.
The blower doesnt seem as strong?

n0v
09-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi it is 2009, maybe some blower motors are better than others, it seems like that!......