PDA

View Full Version : Please Help An on and off problem

P Smiddy
04-11-2012, 11:08 PM
For whatever reason the leaving home feature on my car decides to have a few days every so often to not working.
They are set to come on and the lights are always on auto. When the ignition is turned on the headlight turn on so its not the sensor and the coming home feature works fine all the time.
Any ideas, I done a search with no real results.

Guest 2
04-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Sometimes the outside light isn't dark enough for the leaving home to work even though he headlights may come on when the ignition is turned on.

If you need peace of mind get a fault code scan done.

P Smiddy
05-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks Chris. I have thought about that but there has been a good few times when its been pitch black and they have not come on. I take it the light sensor is the one on the back of the rear view mirror and not part of the one on the windscreen for the wipers or do they work together.
I'll try a piece of tape over the sensor on the baack of the mirror and see how it goes, if it doesnt work ill just need to man up and deal with it ha ha.
Thanks again.

theskyfox
06-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Have you been out to the car at all before then? I find that if I go outside to the car to get something, they come on. If i then relock the car (without starting the engine) and come back later, it stops doing it. I imagine this is a sensible feature so that you don't end up flattening your battery if you keep locking/unlocking the car without moving it.

-Andrew

P Smiddy
06-11-2012, 12:39 PM
That does seem like a wise move, ill give it a try tonight and see what happens......starting to think it could be a problem with a switch which controls that feature.....