PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Starting issues

reeksy86
03-11-2012, 02:03 AM
Hey folks, need some help please.

My mk1 Toledo is currently having problems starting, basically hen I turn the ignition on the engine tries to turn over, then a rapid succession of short clicks. Then it dies.

I have done some checks on the car such as checking the battery level which is full. The alternator is also fine. I had noticed that a vacuum pump pipe needed repairing so I did that and changed the air filter at the same time.

I went away last weekend and left my Toledo at home, when I came back
Monday afternoon, and tries to go out in the car, I couldn't get it started and haven't been able to since, I have also tried a rolling start.

When I last drove the car, and parked up it started first time, ran well and had no issues at all.

You may notice I haven't mentioned the starter motor at all, I know nothing about them, but have assumed that as it had started the car without any issues on most occasions the issue would be elsewhere, could I check anything on the starter motor, however don't know where it is located either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Reeksy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reeksy

JON35Y
03-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Sounds like battery, you may have a dodgy cell which sometimes is ok and sometimes not?!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Mark Jones (The_Real_JON35Y) on Twitter (www.twitter.com/The_Real_JON35Y)

reeksy86
03-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Hmm? I'll take it to a local garage then and see if they can do a battery check for me.

Reeksy