PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Biggy77
01-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself... I'm Chris from Cambridge and I've just bought a 55 plate Passat B6 2.0TDI SE estate (140bhp). Sounds a bit like an AA introduction! My partner is expecting twins hence the need for something sizeable... picked the car up for a bargain but having to have some work done on it as it had fairly high miles. Have already found this forum immensely helpful as no sooner had I bought the car, I started getting the "Engine Fault Garage" message. Did some browsing online and found several posts on here about the inherent injector problem with the 2.0TDI engines... heard about the VW recall, called VW customer service and sure enough, my car was on the list for the recall and had an outstanding action against it so it's with my local dealer getting fixed f.o.c at the moment! THANK YOU VWAF! Sadly it also needs new brace discs and pads, new cv boots, rewiring of airbag sensors and 2 of the parking sensors have gone... the costs are stacking up! However, it's a joy to drive and hopefully after the work is done it'll last me and the family for a good long while! Fingers crossed!

See you around...

Chris