PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 TFSI Problems!

ScottishA4
30-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Hi All

I had my 2.0TFSI in for its major (71k) service with Highland Audi earlier this month and after driving 20 miles from the dealership, I noticed that the oil Gauge on the MMI was reading only quarter full. I checked my receipt which showed that Audi had filled it up with 5 litres of oil and they confirmed this when I phoned then. Basically, I have driven 700 miles since then and it has needed 4 litres of oil in total since the service, which seems alot. I booked it in with Audi to be looked at today and before starting the journey, the oil level was at only quarter full according to the MMI. I then put in nearly a litre of oil and then the MMI gauge said there was too MUCH oil. I drove for 5 miles and the MMI guage then said the level was ok. Subsequently the yellow engine management light came on. A slow drive to the Audi garage later and they stated that it is recommended from Audi to replace the crank shaft seals, sensor and update the software as this MIGHT rectify the problem (at a cost of £260!). The service manager said it is a known problem with Audi on the B8, but there has been no recall. (There is no oil leak by the way, just incase anybody was wondering.) He told me the car was ok to drive so I said I would take it just know and continue monitoring the oil levels.
However, they then found that the engine management light came on as there was a problem with the inlet manifold and it was now causing the engine to run rough and was in no way connected to the earlier oil problem. On closer inspection they said that the inlet was worn and will need to be replaced at a cost of £550!!!!!!
The car is only 3 years old and just out of warranty and has had everything done to it by Audi from new.
I have phoned Audi customer services to complain that the inlet manifold should not have worn on a car that is only 3 years old, but I'm not holding my breath for anything.

Just wondered of anybody has had or heard of these problems?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime I'm having to get by with a 2.0TDI SE Avant courtesy car. http://cdn.as-static.com/vb/images/smilies/unhappy.gif

Many Thanks

Crasher
30-10-2012, 11:38 PM
I do know that setting the oil level with the MMI screen is a joke, it takes far too long so pro's tend to use a special adjustable dip stick.