PDA

View Full Version : www.chipexpress.com

JetsetRon
30-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience of these products? I've seen on other threads that plug in boxes aren't overly popular, however at a fiver short of £400 are these company's products better then a cheapie off eBay?

I want something that could be easily removed without trace (and for free) as I believe when I eventually sell my 55 plate A4 3.0 TDI Quattro it will sell for more in standard condition.

Opinions welcomed and thanks in advance!

FlashRemapping
31-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience of these products? I've seen on other threads that plug in boxes aren't overly popular, however at a fiver short of £400 are these company's products better then a cheapie off eBay?

I want something that could be easily removed without trace (and for free) as I believe when I eventually sell my 55 plate A4 3.0 TDI Quattro it will sell for more in standard condition.

Opinions welcomed and thanks in advance!

A remap on this vehicle would be cheaper than the tuning box and can be revert back to stock when you come to sell it
A tuning box is ok in some installations but if it is one that just plugs into the common rail it can only adjust the fuelling pressure and fueling quantity
The ecu will make some alterations based on seeing extra fuel but cannot makes changes to torue limiters or any other parameters that need changing to give smoother
power delivery and better torque low down
Your car will have a Bosch edc16 ecu - this will have a flashcounter but this is easily reset while remapping
therfore there would be no trace thecar has ever been remapped once reflashed back to stock

Dave- FlashRemapping