PDA

View Full Version : Important More wonderful Audi Woes

warrenm14
29-10-2012, 12:12 PM
I started a thread ~3weeks/1month ago explaining the issues I had with a 7 week old A4 Black Edition (Multitronic) turned out that it was a faulty/failed gearbox selector mechanism.

After waiting two weeks for them to fix it I got my car back on Friday afternoon.............. drove it to work, parked it, got out...... several large scrapes on the passenger rear quarter panel.

It went straight back to Audi and is now going to be repaired.

This car is now ~10/11 weeks old. I am firecly unhappy with the whole debacle, want my money back and will go to BMW - however not sure this is (1) reasonable or (2) possible?

Thoughts -- tell me to calm down if I am being a moan........

Doctle Odd
29-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Were the scratches cause when it was being repaired? Every car breaks down and imo its unlikely you'll have any more gearbox problems for a long time. When you get the scratches repaired you'll have a really good car

warrenm14
29-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Yes mate - scratches were caused during repair.

Not having any more gearbox problems? I shouldn't have had any problems in a car 7 weeks old IMHO.

Also I'll now have to have a 7 week old car sprayed...

Doctle Odd
29-10-2012, 02:19 PM
I know it's a pain mate and it's totally the fault of the repairer, hopefully you got a decent loaner to ease the misery?

DrNorthy
30-10-2012, 09:41 AM
I know what you mean the new car you bought isn't the car you now have. I would try and get them to swop it.

theskyfox
30-10-2012, 09:54 AM
The repairer in question...was it an Audi main dealer, or did they sub out the work? Every time I've had work done, main dealer has always done a thorough look around the car for any marks/scratches..and does the same when its returned to you. Gearbox issues aside, not very fair to blame Audi if it turns out to be a third party company thats left you in this state...

-Andrew