PDA

View Full Version : 4Motion

DeusLevitas
15-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Yep another newb.

I am looking to buy a 4motion preferrably a Bora, question is are the other derivatives like the Golf, Passat worth looking at or a better option?

Whats the common problems with the 4Motions ?

Forget about the 4Motion get one of these (Fill in blank)

cheers

v6dub
15-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I drive a golf 4motion, very similar to the bora, golf is a bit faster but only on paper, day to day drive i think that they are about the same, i have had no big problems with it so far, (touch wood) the only thing i would say is that it is very expencive to keep on the road, serviceing is a bit more than a standard golf, tyres are very expenceive good ones are about £150+ or so. they drink fuel like it is going out of fashion, but they hold the road like glue, you get a lot of looks, and they are something special.

Ruthless99
16-08-2007, 01:47 PM
i have a golf 4 motion and i love it if you driver sensible it is not that expensive on fuel but when you need to get somewhere quick that is the car to get there with and it looks so good Worth Every Penny :D

venividi
17-08-2007, 01:05 PM
I've had a 2002 BORA 4motion for over a year now and as pointed out already, they are less than economic to run. I average around 21mpg but, it goes like sh*t off a shovel and corners like it's on rails. It beats a GTi. The choice is performance vs economy. I'd take the performance. If you can afford the fuel costs, get one.