PDA

View Full Version : Where's my Aux-in?

kingsclererider
26-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi there,

I have took delivery of an A3 Sportback and I opted for the Technology pack with 6 CD changer. There was me, thinking that I would also get an Aux-in plug but there isn't one to be found. What really infuriates me :aargh4: - is that when I press the Media button - there's still an option to select Aux-in. Apparently if you have the 6 CD changer or the AMI then you don't get the Aux-in plug but this is nowhere explained in the glossy brochures. Surely then shouldn't the Aux-in be disabled in the menu? Don't get me wrong - I love me new car (it's an Audi after all) but this has put a dampener on things.

So, is what I have been told correct i.e. is it physically impossible to have a 6 CD changer/AMI unit and an Aux-in?

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers

Marcus

tlionhart
11-11-2012, 01:01 AM
It can be found located next to the handbrake. In the coin holder? Also in the same area to the arm rest. In one of those holes. Look carefully and it's covered by a black flap. I think it has AUX written on this. If not, lift the flap and the jack is there. I was always under the impression AMI replaced the aux. Could be wrong though. Enjoy the new car by the way!