PDA

View Full Version : Whats this noise? Loose cat matrix core?

a4_jim
24-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know what this annoying rattling noise is? Its very loud at start up and settles down a bit after engine has warmed up but still noticable. I thought it was my CCT but that was was replaced along with timing belt and water pump all without any luck. Checked all lifters and none have any play between both cams.

I've read it could be a cracked exhaust manifold or a leaking flex connector between down and mid pipe. The source of the sound seems to be coming from the area below exhaust manifold but I cant seem to pinpoint it. Oil pressure is okay so could it be the oil pump chain hitting something?

Its driving me nuts....any suggestions guys?

Many thanks!
J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnOf_hbMn_k&feature=share&list=ULfnOf_hbMn_k[/QUOTE]

Doctle Odd
24-10-2012, 05:42 PM
It sounds like an exhaust blowing to me

a4_jim
24-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Umm...more likely to be manifold right? If so, can I just get it welded or will it crack again?

Thanks
J

Doctle Odd
24-10-2012, 05:50 PM
You need to find out if theres a leak and where it is, It could be a loose manifold or a faulty gasket, I haven't heard of a manifold being welded in a long time but I suppose you could get it done. Check for leaks first