PDA

View Full Version : A8 4E 2007 - healdlamp adjust for European use

driventodespair
23-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Hi, does anyone know if this can be done via VCDS and without any problems (i.e. security codes to access menu for adjustment?)

Guest 2
23-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Go into Xenon Range if you have xenons and turn tourist mode on.

You'll get a dis error until you have changed back - try the CAR then Exterior lighting to see if its in there first.

No security codes needed.

dragondownsouth
04-11-2012, 07:51 PM
VCDS tourist mode will work but bear in mind that it simply lowers the lights and doesn't change the pattern. This means that you cant see so far at night!

The error code will reset the next time you re-start the car but speaking from experience, the stick on beam deflectors do a better job as you don't loose lighting range.

driventodespair
04-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Yes, they lowered - I expected more! But at least I wasnt flashed once across in France!

My LH dipped headlamp has now just gone out....can I borrow someone with small hands!

VCDS tourist mode will work but bear in mind that it simply lowers the lights and doesn't change the pattern. This means that you cant see so far at night!

The error code will reset the next time you re-start the car but speaking from experience, the stick on beam deflectors do a better job as you don't loose lighting range.