PDA

View Full Version : Well its up for sale

pitch3110
21-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Well that's it then gents.....

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/audi/a4/audi-a4-b8-2-0tdi-s-line-executive-multitronic--high-spec/863133

After time spent on B7 and three years + on B8 time to move the car on... Will still be near as wifey now has a Black Edition A3 and I am poss now moving to an A5 coupe after months of looking at M Sport 520d and 320d's.

If you know anyone is looking for a real genuine spec'd up car point them my way, loads of history on here if you search me.

Ta
Pitch

kodkod.84
22-10-2012, 07:09 PM
If this was an Avant I would be doing some desperate negotiations with the better half (and the bank)! :biglaugh:

Good luck with sale though Pitch- fully loaded and one of the best colours, I don't think you'll be waiting long for a buyer

pitch3110
22-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Cheers KK.

Popped into Robbo's on our way to the match Saturday and after realising 9yo pitch could fold himself into the back of the lovely Black Edition A5 coupe in the showroom mind was made up.

Its took me the best part of 6 months to decide on what to buy so now mind has been made up the A4 is looking for a new home.

Whilst on and throwing it open to all, is the price right?????

Ta
Pitch

porty
23-10-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm pleased you're not moving to the dark side!

pitch3110
24-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Cheers Porty and I did come very close.

Ta
Pitch

ScottyUK
25-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Splitter!

;)

Dieseldoos
28-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Having fairly recently brought a similar spec'd A4 (Albeit not auto), I think your price is fair. :biggthump

pitch3110
29-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Having fairly recently brought a similar spec'd A4 (Albeit not auto), I think your price is fair. :biggthump

Cheers matey. Looking on web there is nothing up with a spec close to this one so there must be a punter out there where this car fits the bill.

A week in Pistonheads however and not bite so me thinks the price needs to head south.

I am up north until Thursday and Friday it is into New Image in Norwich to have the alloys refinished and then push on Autotrader as well with a drop of of £500.00 to see if we can get it moving.

Ta
Pitch

pitch3110
13-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Well still up chaps and needs to be gone in two weeks or it stays.

Dropped to £16k, had two low ball offers and a strong possible at £15,750.00 but no cash yet.

Open to offers if you know anyone looking.

Ta
pitch

ScottyUK
14-11-2012, 01:47 AM
I think mine will be staying a while longer.

Same age as yours but only 15k on the clock!

pitch3110
14-11-2012, 08:22 AM
That's not a lot of miles Scotty and I think if mine does not shift I will keep it until the spring next year and have another go.

Spoke to a pal who deals with the better stuff and he confirmed nothing is really hitting book and this goes for A4's. trade £12ish and anything over £14,995 private he says I will be doing well. At that money and I have had two offers of £15k it really pains to let it go.

Having got a cracking deal on the wife's 14 month old Black Edition A3 and the 11 month BE A5 I am looking at I think I will be along time shelling out on new again and I am by no means poor, just finding myself getting tighter as I approach the bib 5 0.

ta
Pitch

Hammy969
14-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Pitch

Good to see you have decided to stay on the correct side of the fence. I can fully understand your plight regarding the value of the B8. I am sitting reading this and remember the "leveling" that I had to make in my head to what my old car was actually worth.

I looked at pre reg cars before working out with the special deals available on the new FL B8 was the best deal.

I don't want to look at what I got but I think it worked out at around £15K, it was similar spec to yours bar the tech pack and auto. It needed front tyres and that was 5 months ago.

GLWS, somebody will get a good car if you decided to sell it.

Ham

pitch3110
14-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Cheers Ham for the confo...
I have accepted two offers today of £15,750.00 although I have not seen the cash yet, but fingers crossed.

What did you settle for with the FL A4, engine etc.....

Good to hear from you mate

Pitch

Hammy969
17-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Morning Pitch

Good to hear you have (almost) secured a reasonable price for your car. It will be interesting to hear how you get on with the A5, is it a FL model?

I went for a another 143 Black Edition Avant in Monsoon Grey (you can't beat a grey car!).
It has now turned 5K miles. My impressions so far is that it has a far stronger engine than the old saloon, it all round more refined, smoother ride slightly quieter and Black Edition is better finished inside. I looked at another S-Line but the silver plastic bits on the dashboard are pretty cheap looking for what I would expect from Audi. Only down side is it appears to be quite thirsty compared to the saloon. I'll check at some point, it might just be the price of the go go juice.

This is probably one of the best looking motors I have had, even though it is pretty much sandard spec except for the metalic paint.

If I didn't have the RS I might have gone for something more powerfull, but most of my driving nowadays is on motorways so not much point. And it is always more enjoyable to have to drive the last ounce out of a lower powered car than making it easy when you have tonnes in reserve.

I'll post the link to the picture I put on before.

Cheers

Ham

pitch3110
18-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Ham,

My pal has a black BE Avant although not a FL and it is indeed one of the most head turning cars on the road IMO.

Interested to hear the though on the FL A4. Is it really that much of an improvement over the previous B8?

My thing of joy, wifeys Edition 30 GTI, was moved on a few weeks ago and replaced with a BE 2.0TDI A3 as mentioned above. Have to say that I do miss 300bhp in a shoe box, but it was getting on a bit and not really being used.

Yes the A5 is a 177 FL BE and the spec is massive. I priced it up this week on the config and list is over £41k!!!!!

All seems well with the change, the chap buying mine should be over next weekend and I have arranged to pick the A5 up Monday week, so fingers crossed all will go to plan.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Ta
Pitch

Hammy969
21-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Pitch

The FL is much better than I expected, hopefully the A5 will be similar. Keep me posted of how you get on.

BTW the photo I posted previously has been deleted. I'll have to try and find it and repost it.

Ham

pitch3110
22-11-2012, 02:08 AM
cheers Ham.

Looking like mine maybe off this Friday and new one here Monday.

Ta
Pitch

pitch3110
24-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Well met the new potential owner yesterday and as expected as soon as he clapped eyes on the car it was sold....

Sad feeling really to see it driving away and as before that feeling of 'should I have kept it a few more months' came over me.

For the first time in 6 years and 7 months I am not an A4 owner.

Sill Monday to look forward to and a train trip up north...

Ta
Pitch

kodkod.84
24-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Know the feeling pitch- had that when I sold my A4 lol

Saw a white BE A5 FL at work the other day- good looking car and the DRLs aren't as fairy light-like as previously.

Look forward to some pics!

pitch3110
24-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Know the feeling pitch- had that when I sold my A4 lol

Saw a white BE A5 FL at work the other day- good looking car and the DRLs aren't as fairy light-like as previously.

Look forward to some pics!

Cheers matey, still feeling bad but cannot wait to get on the train from Norwich early Monday morning to collect the A5.

ta
Pitch

ru55
26-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Well it is late Monday and I hope you are not stuck in a large puddle up North - waiting for the pics - well in another place in the forum.

pitch3110
26-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Made it back and the car is vey impressive as well as being a thing of absolute beauty.

Ta
Pitch

Guest 2
26-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Made it back and the car is vey impressive as well as being a thing of absolute beauty.

Ta
Pitch

http://my2wheels.com/forum/images/smilies/mysmilies/worthless.gif

pitch3110
27-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Ok, ok, I will post one in the garage.

Ta
Pitch

Sportwag
01-06-2013, 01:09 AM
After 3 years and 8 months of A4 ownership, I have been lured away by the three pointed star and have placed an order for the new Mercedes E Class AMG Sport. The A4 has been a truly excellent car and this forum is fantastic (especially in comparison to anything MB). May it go from strength to strength!

Guest 2
01-06-2013, 08:11 AM
You'll be back!

Hammy969
01-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Good luck with the 3 pointed star. My next door neighbour has a 350 with the Braubus pack and massaging seats. Goes well. The seats are pretty good too.
I am not keen on the dash layout though.

pitch3110
01-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Morning gents

externally I think they look great but inside they just do not do it for me having spent time now in next doors.
As we have said and Jakerade and me have discussed, the three German brands are all good cars but all miss something that others have. If they got together and made a Bercdi it would be everything.

I am now six months in with my Face Lift Black Edition A5 coupe and it is a fantastic car and a great improvement in my 143 S line multi. Look wise it is a thing of absolute beauty and has real presence and the 177 is as smooth as a 2.0 oil burner gets. 60+ mpg is coming up now on runs also.

Trust all is well with the old crew and enjoy the new purchase SW.

Ta
Pitch

Sportwag
01-06-2013, 01:50 PM
You'll be back!

Hopefully at some point I will....it was a closely run contest between the A6 and the E Class - in the end it was the 7.5 sec 0-60, 68.9mpg and 7-speed Auto that swayed me (Hybrid model).

Sportwag
01-06-2013, 02:05 PM
The interior of the new face lifted version is a step up - it doesn't have as big an area (cab forward) between the steering wheel and front screen that the A4 has. I know I am being extremely controversial posting a Merc picture on an Audi forum but this is the interior of the SE model that I had out on loan. Having covered around 600 miles, I can honestly say it is effortless to drive and the ride is sublime. And besides......I'm hoping that I fall into the category of younger buyers Merc Benz is desparately trying to attract :biglaugh:!

kodkod.84
01-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Saw a facelift e-class estate in Ingleton Yorks on holiday last week- look really smart with the new lights and grill.

I do like the Merc's now that their interior has greatly improved from the older models, sat in the c-class AMG sport plus at local dealer a while back and was impressed.