PDA

View Full Version : What Sat Nav on the new MK7 ?

JDB007
21-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Hi, (my first thread :approve: )

I am looking at the new Mk7 Golf to replace my Vauxhall Vectra Elite (had enough of that :zx11: !!!)

Got the .pdf version of the new brochure and price list etc. and as always the manufacturers always display the options rather than the standard items (wheels/sat nav etc).

Does anyone know what the standard Nav unit is for the 1.4TSI GT model, they seem to refer these units to a different model number now?

Thanks all.

JDB

Guest 2
21-10-2012, 05:32 PM
the price list here http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/golf-vi/which-model/brochures states the standard items on each trim level

welcome to vwaf! :D

JDB007
21-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Yup, have that detail but it differs from the older series of Golf/Passat etc.

The new Mk7 brochure states DISCOVER NAVIGATION (5.8" screen) and DISCOVER NAVIGATION PRO (8.0" screen). How does that relate to the VW website stating the following models

RNS310 / RNS 510 / RNS 810 or the RNS 850 ?? navigation/radio
system

Discover Navigation

touch-screen navigation/radio

system

vc-10
21-10-2012, 09:38 PM
The Golf Mk.6 had the RCD210 (boggo single-DIN system in the S), the RCD310 (mid-spec, B&W screen), the RCD510 (colour touchscreen), RNS315 (small touchscreen Satnav), and RNS510 (large touchscreen Satnav).

The Golf Mk.7 will come with one of three units: the normal one (5.8" touchscreen, no satnav), Discover Navigation (5.8" screen, standard on the GT), and Discover Pro (8.0" screen, optional on the GT and SE).

The whole range will come with Bluetooth, DAB, CD player, SD card readers, aux-in etc. Sounds like an excellent system.

JDB007
22-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi vc-10
The new GOLF HAS new SATNAV systems which are not the same obviously as the Mk6 etc. but look greta on the brochure (.pdf). Waiting to receive the hard copy from VW, and then I'll pay a visit to the local dealer and see what's what.
Thanks for your inputs.
JDB007
PS: Is vc-10 related to the plane ?

vc-10
22-10-2012, 07:57 PM
It seems that car manufacturers are finally getting their in-car tech going in the right direction. Hopefully it'll support Mirrorlink, but even if it doesn't it looks like a good system. I'm yet to be convinced by in-car Satnavs. I'm yet to see one that's as good as the Nokia Drive one in my phone. If the new Golf system has Mirrorlink, then the Nokia Drive app could be mirrored onto the car's display, while still using the car's radio/CD player/Bluetooth streaming etc.

And yes, vc-10 is after the plane ;)